Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks again, fellow fedora fiends!

Wore this ol' thing today:

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know if I've seen that one before or not, Gene, but the ribbon sets it right off. Nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carouselvic said:
Garrett it looks to be in immaculate condition, I need one.

Its gonna be hard to find a better straw than the one you just got, Vic. I'm jealous!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
DOUGLAS said:

Douglas, I'm not complaining about your exquisite sense of style or anything but it appears to me that if you don't slow down you'll start wearing carved and drilled pearls, or abalone, or turtle shell, shark teeth, coyote bone, metals or..... instead of common buttons ;)?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to Gene, I have a new lease on life as far as panamas go. I had given up on wearing them because of the long oval brim wave thing. Anyway I sported my panama today and have an optimo crown on the way from Panama Bob.:D

GEDC0790-1.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys. Coming from you guys its a really valued compliment.
IC, I'm diggin the Panama on you and I'm looking forward to seeing how the new one turns out.

Goose.

Practically Family
Chinaski said:
... and Goose - the Homburger Helper helped your Homburger help you make a great picture (or something like that - you know the ad.)
HA HA! Thanks Chinaski
I actually like Hamburger Helper (can't get the wife to make it though :(). "Makes a great meal" as the jingle goes.
Anyway, I like my Homburg. Sure would like one of the Panama ones I've been seeing posted.

Mr. Paladin said:
Goose, never a disappointment with your choices of hats! Looking good, my friend.
And thanks to you Mr. Paladin. Maybe your opinion will change after this pic (?) ;) This may hit the limit of brim width sanity.
Akubra Squatter Willow Green (more pics in the Akubra Overload thread).
Certainly not a "stingy". More like a snap brim felt Plantation :D
At first I was concerned it was just too wide of a brim...but it took me five minutes to realize I really like it. Took more time to widen my doors so I could walk through them LOL. Think it was Triple F that said it's like cat whiskers wide.
Regrets for the shadowing in the pic.
584755026_342pD-S-1.jpg

Thank you gentlemen for the kind comments. And to the rest, great lids. I look in this thread daily and continue to be impressed. :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Vintage 40s Topper hat worn Tuesday evening

I wore this veiled hat for the first time to an ADSC lecture in San Francisco. The feathers and stems are supposed to resemble butterflies. My outfit is vintage 40s head to toe except for the skirt and the pearl necklace.

closeup, showing hat detail, jacket has Trapunto detail on the lapels and pockets
369011329.jpg
entire ensemble, I refer to the stone marten stole as my four furry little friends:p
369011332.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara