Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Hat from my latest find probably later 1930s.

31599257933_71dd774165_c.jpg

32032900960_a8d9301890_c.jpg
Wow Steve, that is a black beauty! Love the tall straight crown.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Venerdì con il sole a Verona
Borsalino from the fifties restored with craftmanship in BSHW - USA
jskj9e.jpg

Bob provided new ribbon with Borsalino bow and vintage Borsalino lining and new sweatband
fljyfr.jpg

"Dattero" is the color and the rest is vanished
2pza6ih.jpg

The Borsalino arrived in bad conditions with some issues and the pinches very used
988xvm.jpg

Bob shaped it as a Italian Borsalino in the forties I was not convinced firstly, then one day I had it on the head, an old man look at me and said "this is a true hat, surely a Borsalino, it is fantastic". All said in our vernacular idioms of Verona
This was one of the best compliment I had in the last months
2yyvwq8.jpg

So here it is to catch the midday sun

Thanks for your kind words on Borsalino ice-blue long hair

jskj9e.jpg

Bob provided new ribbon with Borsalino bow and vintage Borsalino lining and new sweatband

The Borsalino arrived in bad conditions with some issues and the pinches very used

Bob shaped it as a Italian Borsalino in the forties I was not convinced firstly, then one day I had it on the head, an old man look at me and said "this is a true hat, surely a Borsalino, it is fantastic". All said in our vernacular idioms of Verona
2yyvwq8.jpg

Nice hat, nice restoration, Daniele. "Dattero" - Date colored? Or maybe suitable for wearing on a date? Either way, great hat and you look good this AM. Hope you're better rested, too.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
The sun came out earlier during my walk, made me sweat up ny hat shirt and jacket, so 'tis a two-hat (and shirt and jacket) day. The Mallory Ten with a dye. Plus a G-1

91a2c11b0810aa5bea9ab17bfee20314.jpg
0d536b07b95a2b22a25a9a1a266b9fd3.jpg
f5bd53197f64b1dbd1b0f17e1dca861e.jpg

Now it looks like rain again...:( Probably need to break out the trench.

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
Nice.

That face on the dye reminds me of angry Ike from South Park. Even better.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
jskj9e.jpg

fljyfr.jpg

2pza6ih.jpg

988xvm.jpg

2yyvwq8.jpg

That is a killer!

Celia

A-List Customer
So many excellent hats on display here yesterday and today, I wish I had the time to comment on all of them. No such luck, so just a few highlights...

@moehawk - great looking Tonak! Lovely texture, colour and shape, and that bow is the icing on the cake :)

@mayserwegener - another really interesting mystery hat, I really like the shape of this one. Who'd guess the "primitive" construction if they didn't see the inside?

@moontheloon - thanks for the beautiful pictures of that borsalino, I love seeing these original boxes.

@JDH 1911 - welcome to the lounge. Beautiful hat you inherited from your grandfather!

@Wesslyn - great hat and suit combo!

@Dlaniger - very elegant indeed. Perfect with that overcoat.

@Daniele Tanto - Molto bello! My compliments to Bob for the great restoration work. I am glad that you have come to like the hat, even though it is not perhaps your usual style.

Temperatures here are still below zero, so I'm sticking to the furry hats. I need to find myself some of those ear muffs @Knotten has so I can venture out in a proper hat again!

jskj9e.jpg

fljyfr.jpg

2pza6ih.jpg

988xvm.jpg

2yyvwq8.jpg

Daniele you have reached a new high! Bob has put you over the top with this one, my friend. Of course the elder gent would know!
Congratulations!!

jskj9e.jpg

fljyfr.jpg

2pza6ih.jpg

988xvm.jpg

2yyvwq8.jpg

Beautiful hat Daniele!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran