Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wormser
CIMG2668.JPG
CIMG2671.JPG

JWBernard

New in Town
Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Today, it's the combined Christmas and birthday present from my lovely wife: a Caribou Stratoliner that feels a little better on my giant head every time I wear it. The file cabinet behind me often serves as my "hat rack," hence the "Don't Touch the Hat" warning taped to the wall. Many of my students like to see just how close to the hat they can get before they're spotted.
20170127_135656 resized.jpg

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Today, it's the combined Christmas and birthday present from my lovely wife: a Caribou Stratoliner that feels a little better on my giant head every time I wear it. The file cabinet behind me often serves as my "hat rack," hence the "Don't Touch the Hat" warning taped to the wall. Many of my students like to see just how close to the hat they can get before they're spotted. View attachment 66119

Welcome aboard, JW, and that's a fantastic first post, sir! I have the caribou, and love it. Good choice!

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
I've been running since 6 a.m. Just got back with my Everyman non-Indy hat in Granite from Penman Hat Co. It's got 50/50 rabbit/beaver felt and John fit it to my head shape, then steamed and creased it into a great diamond crown. I love it! This is no flimsy snap brim, the front brim is creased down in front, as it should be, and will never be worn up. :)

John took a quick pic before I left his shop. Now I gotta go get MrsFed for some lunch!

Cheers everyone!

i-nRV2RwS.jpg
great looking hat, worn well. Mines being shipped today, hopefully get it in the next week to ten days, cant wait! not looking forward to the import duties though!!

One of my favorite hats of yours, Steve. The color, the cut, the carat! Do you wear most of the hats in your collection, or are some for your collection for display purposes only?
Charlie, Thanks! I actually have a couple other Hückel Weilheim's with a similar look. :) For about a 4 month stretch (~ a year ago) I posted a different hat in this thread but nobody noticed. I will try to remember to start that again.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
g.durand - Awesome 3X.

Chamuco - Amazing color.

Danielle - Un bel cappello.

Strapped - I love that deep brown. Gorgeous.

Rogera - Looks like you're ready for adventure.

MM - A beauty.

Amos - Looks like a comfortable hat; a workhorse.

RJR - Love the ribbon color on that one.

Benz - Still a beautiful hat.

For me, a Borsalino Alessandria.

View attachment 66076 View attachment 66075
Thanks Bruno !!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy