Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
@Celia inspired me to (after 5 years) give my Fernandez y ROCHE a whirl as a second hat of the day. It's a darned nice stiff felt.

My investigation suggests that it is a sombrero cordobes traditionally worn in Andalusia, Spain. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombrero_cordobés?wprov=sfla1

One of my co-worker's mother was born in Seville and he visits the region periodically. He was totally jazzed to see it on my head and examine it. So... even if I may look like Zorro Lebowski sans mask, his joy makes it all worthwhile. View attachment 67028 View attachment 67029 View attachment 67030 View attachment 67031 View attachment 67032

Enjoy the rest of the day. [emoji2]

Love that one, man!
I used to keep my eyes peeled for those on eBay and whatnot. Looks great on the head .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Celia inspired me to (after 5 years) give my Fernandez y ROCHE a whirl as a second hat of the day. It's a darned nice stiff felt.

My investigation suggests that it is a sombrero cordobes traditionally worn in Andalusia, Spain. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombrero_cordobés?wprov=sfla1

One of my co-worker's mother was born in Seville and he visits the region periodically. He was totally jazzed to see it on my head and examine it. So... even if I may look like Zorro Lebowski sans mask, his joy makes it all worthwhile. View attachment 67028 View attachment 67029 View attachment 67030 View attachment 67031 View attachment 67032

Enjoy the rest of the day. [emoji2]
Where's Catherine Zeta Jones?o_O

sebastian czentner

One of the Regulars
That's very neat info Sebastian.

Do you know the names of any of the more prominent Argentinian hatmakers? I would enjoy going to their websites and checking things out.

Take care.

Matt
Well its Lagomarsino founded in 1891 and the website is this: https://www.lagomarsino1891.com/, but havent a phisical or online store, and is a distribuitor and Maidana founded in 1910, that is where i buy my hats but hasnt have a website.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Very nice combination. I remember that those coats were very big back in the early 1950's: there's a photo of me somewhere when I was about four sitting on Santa's lap and wearing a shorter version, also belted. Beautiful coat you've got.
Thanks Bob. I like this coat very much. I remember my Dad had one in gray and sometime after I got out of high school I bought one at Salvation Army. Wonder what ever became of that one? I love the style of them and had to beat for keeping you warm at the same time.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, I quite like the shark's gills myself, maybe I do really need some more hats with them... It is my widest brim fedora - it may not seem that big to all you americans, but over here it really stands out. Well, as a hat wearing woman I tend to stand out anyway, but you know what I mean. I am glad to have inspired you to dig out a hat you don't normally wear, looks great on you too. So does the vita-felt, a two hat day is always a better day :)

Thanks! Love your brown Schobel today, great look!

Thank you, I'm starting to think I need to wear that hat more often... Nice hat from you again today, seeing people wearing homburgs always cheers me up :)

I wanted to comment on everybody else's amazing hats, but I have a headache thanks to this nasty cold I'm trying to fight off, so am going back to bed instead. Didn't even wear a hat today as I stayed indoors with hot lemon juice and honey. Might just add a shot of whiskey to that so it actually works.
Hope you get better quickly Celia. And I think shark's gill worn over the head is a known cure for most cold symptoms.

Michael

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Where's Catherine Zeta Jones?o_O
Hmmmmm...
I'm not sure where she physically is (maybe hanging out with that dude from the China Syndrome... [I think his name is Wilford Brimley]).

BUT...
happily, I have my handy dandy photo of Catherine Zeta Jones with a beard saved on my phone.
Catherine-Zeta-Jones-with-a-Beard--76678.jpg

[emoji106]
Life is good.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Well its Lagomarsino founded in 1891 and the website is this: https://www.lagomarsino1891.com/, but havent a phisical or online store, and is a distribuitor and Maidana founded in 1910, that is where i buy my hats but hasnt have a website.
I like the Lagomarsino hats. I saw one here in Italy some years ago and it came directly from Argentina.
The model is not my taste, but the felt seems very good.
I thought about to buy one, but it is very difficult because my contact (half of my paternal family went in Argentina and I have some relatives in Salta) are old or dead.
Would you so gently to let me know your impression on the Lagomarsino hat?
Could you supply some pictures of yours?
Any indication on prices
Grazie

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
I like the Lagomarsino hats. I saw one here in Italy some years ago and it came directly from Argentina.
I thought about to buy one, but it is very difficult because my contact (half of my paternal family went in Argentina and I have some relatives in Salta) are old or dead.
Any indication on prices
Grazie
Here's a lounge thread that may be of interest if you haven't seen it. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/index.php?threads/17718/

sebastian czentner

One of the Regulars
Any indication on prices
Grazie
Well the models of lagomarsino arent of my taste neither, the two fur felt that i have are from Maidana a Fedora And a Funyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points