Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Had a hard time deciding what hat to wear to church this morning. I played with the Rose Bowl fedora and my Mallory Ten Homburg. It was a toss up. But, my mind was on Matt this morning, thinking of us all wearing Homburgs in celebration of his return on Easter. So I went with the Mallory, which came to me via Matt.

View attachment 71173 View attachment 71174 View attachment 71175 View attachment 71176
That would be a tough choice to make. They both look great. Maybe you should change them out after a half day or so?

Michael

JWBernard

New in Town
20170402_132846 RESIZED.jpg 20170402_132316 RESIZED.jpg
20170402_132318 RESIZED.jpg 20170402_132307 RESIZED.jpg
I finally received this dark moss Fedora made by Aimee of Hopsie Hats: 24 1/2 inch circumference (big melon), 4 1/2 to 4 inch diamond-bashed crown, 2 1/2 inch brim. It is my first custom and first beaver-felt hat. The side and especially rear points of the diamond were softer than I wanted, so I refined the bash a bit. Other than that, the fit, color, etc. are as I'd hoped. The color does shift from from dark green to sort of brown (as I'd hoped). The "selfie" captures the color much better than the coffee-shop pics--I'm not sure what happened there, but they're decent images of the shape(s) of the hat.

RJR

View attachment 71180 View attachment 71181
View attachment 71182 View attachment 71183
I finally received this dark moss Fedora made by Aimee of Hopsie Hats: 24 1/2 inch circumference (big melon), 4 1/2 to 4 inch diamond-bashed crown, 2 1/2 inch brim. It is my first custom and first beaver-felt hat. The side and especially rear points of the diamond were softer than I wanted, so I refined the bash a bit. Other than that, the fit, color, etc. are as I'd hoped. The color does shift from from dark green to sort of brown (as I'd hoped). The "selfie" captures the color much better than the coffee-shop pics--I'm not sure what happened there, but they're decent images of the shape(s) of the hat.
Good looking,congrats.

Welcome JW! Another Oregonian! You live in the middle of ground zero of fine hatters. I'm not familiar with Aimee. Where is this one from? Nice looking color and ribbon. You should check out NW Hats in Eugene, Mike Miller is my hatter of choice. And in Portland, Gannon and Penman! This is hat heaven in the PNW. You, me and Doug (FedOregon) should get together and have a mini-meet.

JWBernard

New in Town
Welcome JW! Another Oregonian! You live in the middle of ground zero of fine hatters. I'm not familiar with Aimee. Where is this one from? Nice looking color and ribbon. You should check out NW Hats in Eugene, Mike Miller is my hatter of choice. And in Portland, Gannon and Penman! This is hat heaven in the PNW. You, me and Doug (FedOregon) should get together and have a mini-meet.

And it looks like you're in Albany, too. I live in Salem and teach in Scio.

Aimee is based in upstate New York. I took a gamble on her because she was a little less expensive than the Oregon hatters you mentioned, and promised a faster turnaround. I am happy with the hat, but there were issues with the turnaround and communication, so I'll likely go with Gannon or one of the other local hatters if/when I get another. I'm actually not too familiar with NW Hats. Thanks for the tip.

That's a nice hat.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I'm tellin' ya man. Sober as a church deacon! Two beers all night and this is before the first. Like I told Jack, I seem to have RSF - Resting Stoner Face!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Oh, I never thought you WERE high, just that you LOOKED like you may have had some eyelid-lowering substances! The Sinsemilla Squint is a common facial expression where I live.:)

When are you people going to learn. Straw hat day isn't coming until May 1st. Good thing the hat police are letting you by with this...
Around these parts the weather dictates when "Straw Hat Day" is, not the calendar. :) Since the temps have been in the upper-70s to low-80s (°F) this week, I've been wearing my first real straw hat (i.e., one I didn't get in a tourist shop for $10) for the past few days.

Sunbody_Oak_Fedora_After_2_zpsky9xsxlb.jpg

Sunbody's "2-1/2 inch brim Oak-colored Tear Drop". There's more information about the hat in the Sunbody Association thread for anyone who is either interested or really bored.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Around these parts the weather dictates when "Straw Hat Day" is, not the calendar. :) Since the temps have been in the upper-70s to low-80s (°F) this week, I've been wearing my first real straw hat (i.e., one I didn't get in a tourist shop for $10) for the past few days.

Sunbody's "2-1/2 inch brim Oak-colored Tear Drop". There's more information about the hat in the Sunbody Association thread for anyone who is either interested or really bored.
Looks good. I like that color. I'm not ready for straw hat weather yet as we just moved out of fur hat weather awhile back. Would be nice to get in some felts for awhile. Ha ha.

Michael

Looks good Al!

That coconut band is making me want something involving rum and a tiny umbrella. I dig it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL