Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Saturday little adventure... the old Coyle's
IMG_20170401_174902_227.jpg

IMG_20170402_110338_787.jpg

IMG_20170402_110436_805.jpg
IMG_20170402_110610_443.jpg
IMG_20170402_110723_578.jpg
IMG_20170402_111039_606.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Here's that rainy day. Again. And the Open Road beckons again.
DSCN1480 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Royal
DSCN1481 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1482 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And a coat for when the rain picks up again.
DSCN1486 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1493 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Off to the library soon. Everyone geared up for the week?

Michael
You're ready to hit the town, Michael. Love the OR, that diamond crease is perfect. Cool sport coat and top coat too. What are those boots? They look impressive.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
You're ready to hit the town, Michael. Love the OR, that diamond crease is perfect. Cool sport coat and top coat too. What are those boots? They look impressive.
Thanks Doug. This is a very comfortable hat to wear. The sport coat was made by Gianfilippo Benci in Italy, the coat is by Diamond Leather in El Paso and the boots are older made in England Dr Martens. I think I'm set for the weather today.

Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning, Before the sun rose I was heading on my commute in a Cordova Cap (Fox wool).

i-W8T9BZV-M.jpg

Back home for a dog walk in a vtg. Stetson. The hat box arrived mid week and I finally had an opportunity to open the box and see the hat. This vintage Stetson is a milk chocolate brown felt.

i-4vz9n6s-S.jpg

Thick but very clay-like in its ability to flex and take shape. The mid-ribbon shows patina, but is a wonderful mid-ribbon. Wind cord intact and works.

i-nxn55fF-M.jpg

When flipped over the inside liner shows the lineage - Royal De Luxe Stetson. The embroidery in the liner is gorgeous although shows some age. The leather sweat is in excellent shape. No issues with wearing this hat from the leather sweat.

i-MJX8sSh-M.jpg

The binding is a heavy ribbon sewn on the edge. The top and bottom are equal distant from the edge. The excellent stitching is apparent in the attached picture. The edge of the hat feels weighted and easily snaps down. The brim is flanged for a deep snap.

i-THnmt4j-M.jpg

The mystery is what model of hat in the vintage Stetson line-up could this hat be. No labels remain in the hat. The sweat is not embossed with anything other than "Royal De Luxe Stetson" and the seller, "Miller's Merchantile, Ridgeway, Penn."

This mystery model vtg. Stetson is a marvelous hat. I will steam and shape it later this week.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Had a hard time deciding what hat to wear to church this morning. I played with the Rose Bowl fedora and my Mallory Ten Homburg. It was a toss up. But, my mind was on Matt this morning, thinking of us all wearing Homburgs in celebration of his return on Easter. So I went with the Mallory, which came to me via Matt. View attachment 71175

What a beauty Red. Good choice!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

RJR

Good morning, Before the sun rose I was heading on my commute in a Cordova Cap (Fox wool).

i-W8T9BZV-M.jpg

Back home for a dog walk in a vtg. Stetson. The hat box arrived mid week and I finally had an opportunity to open the box and see the hat. This vintage Stetson is a milk chocolate brown felt.

i-4vz9n6s-S.jpg

Thick but very clay-like in its ability to flex and take shape. The mid-ribbon shows patina, but is a wonderful mid-ribbon. Wind cord intact and works.

i-nxn55fF-M.jpg

When flipped over the inside liner shows the lineage - Royal De Luxe Stetson. The embroidery in the liner is gorgeous although shows some age. The leather sweat is in excellent shape. No issues with wearing this hat from the leather sweat.

i-MJX8sSh-M.jpg

The binding is a heavy ribbon sewn on the edge. The top and bottom are equal distant from the edge. The excellent stitching is apparent in the attached picture. The edge of the hat feels weighted and easily snaps down. The brim is flanged for a deep snap.

i-THnmt4j-M.jpg

The mystery is what model of hat in the vintage Stetson line-up could this hat be. No labels remain in the hat. The sweat is not embossed with anything other than "Royal De Luxe Stetson" and the seller, "Miller's Merchantile, Ridgeway, Penn."

This mystery model vtg. Stetson is a marvelous hat. I will steam and shape it later this week.

Best, Eric -
Nice catch,love the crease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL