Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
DSC_0004.jpg

I could have used your help Fri....I put new shingles on a section of my roof.I wore my old Stetson cowboy straw,wide brim for the sun.

R0014936.jpg
[/IMG]

Jabos

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Mallory Dallas...

MalloryDallas-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
Oh, I just love the Mallory Dallas!!!!! I hope to search one out on Ebay. Yet another beaut you have. That and the Mallory Nockabout you have just are incredible. I'm fond of the Mallory brand since that is the name I chose for my firstborn (a desperate, cheap tug at your heartstrings to beg for those two hats in your will-ha)

Torpedo

One Too Many
Gene, is that the male version of "Rosie the Riveter"? It would make a basis for some inspired nose art on a B-24 or B-17... ;)

Alan, nice straw. And I agree a change of pace from your usual shy pics is nice, too!

Bart, sweet Whippet. I dig the colour, too.

Jimmy, in the lead as always.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
Man, it takes me long enough to tune my six-string guitars. Four triples sounds challenging, but it would sure sound sweet. Beautiful instrument. How old is it?
Cheers'
Neil

The instrument was manufactured in the 1920's, so it's about 80 years old. It's got sosme really nice inlays made of mother of pearl. Tuning triple courses ain't that hard to do, really.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
The instrument was manufactured in the 1920's, so it's about 80 years old. It's got sosme really nice inlays made of mother of pearl. Tuning triple courses ain't that hard to do, really.

My pride and joy is my 30 year old Maton Coolibah acoustic guitar. It was actually the first thing I saved up for and bought when I got my first job out of high school. I think I fell for the leather scratch board, but it sounded so sweet n' smooth back then. Since then it's travelled the world with me and that aged wood is sooooo mellow now.

I can only imagine how your 80 year old would sound. Good instruments, like good hats and wine, just get better.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
My pride and joy is my 30 year old Maton Coolibah acoustic guitar. It was actually the first thing I saved up for and bought when I got my first job out of high school. I think I fell for the leather scratch board, but it sounded so sweet n' smooth back then. Since then it's travelled the world with me and that aged wood is sooooo mellow now.

I can only imagine how your 80 year old would sound. Good instruments, like good hats and wine, just get better.

Right! :)

Ephraim, let's not get so OT for too long, lest we hijack this thread... ;)
Let's do instrument talk either in the Guitars thread, or just PM me! :D

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
Another pristine beauty. Are you making these hats up new yourself? Great shirt as always.

:arated: RLK! I think he's got a Secret Hat Service Bureau of the Crease Police somewhere, ferreting out and spiriting away fine collectable hats from unwary people who don't appreciate them! It is another great hat, Jimmy!

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
Right! :)

Ephraim, let's not get so OT for too long, lest we hijack this thread... ;)
Let's do instrument talk either in the Guitars thread, or just PM me! :D

C'mon now Mario - I mentioned hats in my last post, along with booze. Hats booze and music. All we need now is women and life is complete.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
AlanC - That is a really nice hat and a well-satisfied look as well.

Gene - You make 'em all look good....but I am glad you didn't decide to use one of those A-rated homburgs for it. Whew, they are safe now!

Bart - Beauty of a green Whippet!

Michaelshane - I am enjoying your B & W phase of shots. That straw looks like one of my work straws when I was a teenager on the ranch, except for the ribbon and yours is cleaner!

Well done all!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Torpedo

One Too Many
More pics from the Sants summer festivals... at this streer, the décor was Japanese-themed, complete with traditional bridge (under which a pool with real carps could be found) and torii gate, among many other elements from Japanese culture.

IMG_2240bis.jpg

IMG_2239bis.jpg

I chose a stingier brimmed hat, a Panama Cuenca, as a purposeful clin d'oeil to fellow lounger DaizawaGuy, who often shares his real Japan location shots with us... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925