Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working from home, a little cool, need to keep my head warm. Sandemann shop-branded black Dermotta.

69a90c84dce21c4b8604929ba2bce7eb.jpg

Not sure if it works better with the brim up?

3b0176ff59819edc46974f9b3965dad9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMHO brim snapped. Great looking hat, I thing a wider brim like this deserves to be snapped down so you look more mysterious peering out from under it!

And as Dalton Week 2017 draws to a close, Happy Friday and (for those of us here in the States) happy National Apple Pie Day.

16f50774b168013d89060e5d5fb4bf67.jpg
f9b2cf7899cd2d364c40b68ec8c08432.jpg

A few apple pie facts:

Yale University has served apple pie at dinner every day for over 100 years,
One in five Americans (20%) admit to having eaten an entire apple pie by themselves,
The most popular toppings for apple pie are vanilla ice cream and cheddar cheese.

Mmmmmm...pie!
I think pie will have to be on the menu today! I have enjoyed the parade of stellar Daltons this week!

VS Milan for Fawcett Friday.

1020510b4184df32ac782081ca4d271d.jpg

Cheers! David
You have the greatest collection of straws David. This VS Milan is one of my favorites.

apple pie with cheddar cheese? What? What is wrong with people! Nice hat.

edit, i thought you were making that up, so i googled, i now feel ill. Apple pie and cheddar... Sometimes melted cheddar... Jesus wept!
Not my favorite, I think it is more of a Eastern USA thing. Dutch apple pie with french vanilla ice cream is a dream come true!

View attachment 78020
Christy's foldaway today.
It always amazes me how these fold away hats end up looking so good when unpacked!

Early this past week before some travels I had been enjoying my bone beaver felted Gannon.

i-L2grVn8-M.jpg

This morning early I was up and about in a vtg. Mallory. Lovely hat.
i-cmPTVQg-M.jpg

In a little bit I need to head out pick-up a couple items and am wearing a vtg. Hilo Hattie and a vtg. Stetson Panama.

i-MBNnDH6-M.jpg

i-VTDN4xd-M.jpg

Love the vintage ribbon treatment!

i-Q6dgRq7-M.jpg

i-JbpTKdL-M.jpg

Enjoy the morning folks. Best, Eric -

Yesssss! My morning Eric Fix! That pug is one of my all time favorites! Covet. Love the Mallory as well, is it 1950s? I need some bone!

Willebe

A-List Customer
Try it before you knock it, Karl! As a young 'un, My dad taught me to melt American cheese over it (cheddar cheese was a luxury). But a good sharp cheddar on a slice of apple pie is wonderful.

If you think about it, cheese and fruit plates are pretty common, and apples are often paired with cheese.

Give it a shot!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Hmmm. As I just finished off the last piece of peach pie, I might have to do an apple run and make some pies later. One would think that apple pie celebration would be in the fall rather than summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Try it before you knock it, Karl! As a young 'un, My dad taught me to melt American cheese over it (cheddar cheese was a luxury). But a good sharp cheddar on a slice of apple pie is wonderful.

If you think about it, cheese and fruit plates are pretty common, and apples are often paired with cheese.

Give it a shot!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
True. That being said I'm still trying to get my head around wine and chocolate.

totallyfrozen

One of the Regulars

edit, i thought you were making that up, so i googled, i now feel ill. Apple pie and cheddar... Sometimes melted cheddar... Jesus wept!

It's a Northern thing. I grew up eating vanilla ice cream on mine. I now live in Texas where no one seems to have heard of cheddar cheese on apple pie. In the northern states (especially the Midwest), it's a thing. I've tried it. It's actually pretty tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

Wept with joy over a warm slice of apple pie with some good extra sharp cheddar on top!
When I was little, my family often ate at a local diner called Marge's Pie Place. I remember there was a needlepoint sampler hanging on the wall that read "Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze." One of those things to not knock till you've given it a try!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner