Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pie will have to be on the menu today! I have enjoyed the parade of stellar Daltons this week!

I need some bone!

Thanks. And dude, phrasing.

. One would think that apple pie celebration would be in the fall rather than summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

July 4th and all that, I figure.

True. That being said I'm still trying to get my head around wine and chocolate.

Candy is dandy...

Never get tired of that puppy, Greg.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
And as Dalton Week 2017 draws to a close, Happy Friday and (for those of us here in the States) happy National Apple Pie Day.

29d397dbe810bb7eeb215ce3fc111cb3.jpg
16f50774b168013d89060e5d5fb4bf67.jpg
f9b2cf7899cd2d364c40b68ec8c08432.jpg

A few apple pie facts:

Yale University has served apple pie at dinner every day for over 100 years,
One in five Americans (20%) admit to having eaten an entire apple pie by themselves,
The most popular toppings for apple pie are vanilla ice cream and cheddar cheese.

Mmmmmm...pie!
Cheddar cheese? I've eaten apple pie with vanilla ice cream but this is the first I heard of putting cheddar cheese on top. I used to work with a guy from Puerto Rico who used to put cheddar cheese in his hot chocolate. He said that was the way they drank it there. I tried it. It was nasty.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Cheddar cheese? I've eaten apple pie with vanilla ice cream but this is the first I heard of putting cheddar cheese on top. I used to work with a guy from Puerto Rico who used to put cheddar cheese in his hot chocolate. He said that was the way they drank it there. I tried it. It was nasty.
stop, they'll be telling you to try apple pie and cheese, just like their posts and try to forget.

(-:

And here we grew up, what 60 miles from each other?

Assuming, of course, you grew up where you live now.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
And here we grew up, what 60 miles from each other?

Assuming, of course, you grew up where you live now.

We're not far from each other at all. My wife has two sisters and their families living in the Fairborn area. Yup, lived here in Central Ohio all my life. I grew up in Columbus and moved to a suburb of Columbus 16 years ago. Never heard of putting cheddar cheese on apple pie. Although we do put salt and pepper in our butter milk, and salt in our beer.

We're not far from each other at all. My wife has two sisters and their families living in the Fairborn area. Yup, lived here in Central Ohio all my life. I grew up in Columbus and moved to a suburb of Columbus 16 years ago. Never heard of putting cheddar cheese on apple pie. Although we do put salt and pepper in our butter milk, and salt in our beer.

Definitely salt my buttermilk. I can still see my Aunt Thelma sitting at her kitchen table putting salt in her Black Label.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Definitely salt my buttermilk. I can still see my Aunt Thelma sitting at her kitchen table putting salt in her Black Label.

Learning you had an Aunt Thelma makes reading through all these cheesy posts worth it ... and the fact that she sipped black label makes it even better

Yes cheese on apple pie... it's a thing.
Can't be some "singles" out of a plastic wrapper ... gotta be the real thing.
Delicious

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

apple pie with cheddar cheese? What? What is wrong with people! Nice hat.

edit, i thought you were making that up, so i googled, i now feel ill. Apple pie and cheddar... Sometimes melted cheddar... Jesus wept!
The state of Wisconsin here in the U.S. is well known for it's production of dairy products. As such, a rumor persists that it's illegal for any restaurant within the state to serve apple pie without cheese, and a lot of Americans believe that's true. It isn't, but from June 1935 to March 1937 there was a law in Wisconsin that required all restaurants serve a small amount of cheese and butter with every meal.

I've tried the "apple pie with cheese" thing. I can take it or leave it; it's nowhere near as good as french toast with grilled onions.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Early this past week before some travels I had been enjoying my bone beaver felted Gannon.

i-K33WLpg-M.jpg

i-L2grVn8-M.jpg

This morning early I was up and about in a vtg. Mallory. Lovely hat.
i-cmPTVQg-M.jpg

In a little bit I need to head out pick-up a couple items and am wearing a vtg. Hilo Hattie and a vtg. Stetson Panama.

i-MBNnDH6-M.jpg

i-VTDN4xd-M.jpg

Love the vintage ribbon treatment!

i-Q6dgRq7-M.jpg

i-JbpTKdL-M.jpg

Enjoy the morning folks. Best, Eric -

Incredible array, Eric! The bone felt continues to jump out at me. And that plant life is always impressive! I do a lot of things, but I don't do plants! Much respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarlCrow

One Too Many
The state of Wisconsin here in the U.S. is well known for it's production of dairy products. As such, a rumor persists that it's illegal for any restaurant within the state to serve apple pie without cheese, and a lot of Americans believe that's true. It isn't, but from June 1935 to March 1937 there was a law in Wisconsin that required all restaurants serve a small amount of cheese and butter with every meal.

I've tried the "apple pie with cheese" thing. I can take it or leave it; it's nowhere near as good as french toast with grilled onions.
ahh a politician came up with the idea.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
A lovely cool morning. Trying out some possible Jazz Fest wear. I fear it may be too hot by the time it starts, but Borsalino velour traveler,
IMG_4487 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4488 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4491 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hope everyone's Friday is shaping up according to plan,
IMG_4485 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

That thing is superb! This jazz musician approves wholeheartedly, although if yours is anything like our jazz fest, it has almost nothing to do with jazz! Great hat man.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That thing is superb! This jazz musician approves wholeheartedly, although if yours is anything like our jazz fest, it has almost nothing to do with jazz! Great hat man.

I haven't heard jazz at a "jazz fest" in years...

Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21