Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jeff. I ended up going with a white panama with the suit. Can't begin to remember how many compliments I got, starting before I even made the festival and ending on my walk back to my car when a young lady at a stop sign rolled down her window and yelled I love your suit. Ha ha.

I think this is a pretty jazzy jazz fest. Here's the lineup, https://summerofthearts.org/festival/2017-iowa-city-jazz-festival/ The Rhythm Future Quartet played some very nice Paris Hot Club gypsy jazz sort of stuff and Orbit opened with a tribute to Yusef Lateef if that gives any flavor. The College stage is always some pretty straight ahead jazz and the so called Youth stage was tonight a mostly gray haired big band doing a mix of jazz standards and Frank Sinatra pop with a male vocalist. I thought it was some pretty tasty fare for the opening night of a three day free concert.

Thanks,
Michael
I knew you would be a big hit!

Bolero

A-List Customer
Thanks Jeff. I ended up going with a white panama with the suit. Can't begin to remember how many compliments I got, starting before I even made the festival and ending on my walk back to my car when a young lady at a stop sign rolled down her window and yelled I love your suit. Ha ha.

I think this is a pretty jazzy jazz fest. Here's the lineup, https://summerofthearts.org/festival/2017-iowa-city-jazz-festival/ The Rhythm Future Quartet played some very nice Paris Hot Club gypsy jazz sort of stuff and Orbit opened with a tribute to Yusef Lateef if that gives any flavor. The College stage is always some pretty straight ahead jazz and the so called Youth stage was tonight a mostly gray haired big band doing a mix of jazz standards and Frank Sinatra pop with a male vocalist. I thought it was some pretty tasty fare for the opening night of a three day free concert.

Back in the day... I grew up listening to Yusaff Lateef in the Detroit Coffee Houses, he got his start in Detroit along with FWIWhttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4137/34824712363_7651220b67_c.jpg

Thanks,
Michael

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

Thanks,
Michael

I don't know a lot of those artists, but it does look like a pretty jazzy lineup! Jeff Coffin always sounds amazing, and gypsy jazz is something I've been getting into a lot lately. And I'm curious about Laranja-- Brazilian, I presume-- I'll have to look them up.
Tribute to Yusef Lateef! Did anyone play oboe!?

Looking forward to more of your hat montages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I don't know a lot of those artists, but it does look like a pretty jazzy lineup! Jeff Coffin always sounds amazing, and gypsy jazz is something I've been getting into a lot lately. And I'm curious about Laranja-- Brazilian, I presume-- I'll have to look them up.
Tribute to Yusef Lateef! Did anyone play oboe!?

Looking forward to more of your hat montages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I've heard Laranja before, but to tell the truth my memory for bands isn't so good anymore. I may even have done the sound for them. I do know the drummer Justin Le Duc and he is one of my favorite local drummers. I'm looking forward to tonight's headliners, https://summerofthearts.org/perform...e-henderson-billy-harper-and-donald-harrison/ I've seen a lot of great acts at this fest over the years and heard a lot of great music. I think I first attended sometime in the mid 90s to see the Neville Brothers and have gone to at least some part of most of them since then. And quite a few years of wire to wire. I mixed for the side stages one year.

But now I have to get ready for a mushroom hunt this morning before music this afternoon. So I'm expecting a two hat day. Ha ha.

Thanks,
Michael

RJR

Hat-Dobbs Pecan 1.jpg
Dobbs in pecan this morning.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Seems like it will be some lovely weather today with a high of 80 and a nice breeze and a lot of sunshine. But first a photo from last night,
IMG_4547 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hats in the Belfry panama at the jazz show. And one of the stage,
IMG_4561 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
This morning I'm ready for the woods with the Norm Thompson/Resistol beaver on top,
IMG_4582 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Buckskin band. Wish I could find one from the mid 50s with a real leopard band. Ha ha.
IMG_4576 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4573 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And my go to thorn pants for the woodland portion of the day,
IMG_4572 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I'm hoping for an enjoyable day here, hope you are finding the same there,
Michael

Seems like it will be some lovely weather today with a high of 80 and a nice breeze and a lot of sunshine. But first a photo from last night,
IMG_4547 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hats in the Belfry panama at the jazz show. And one of the stage,
IMG_4561 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
This morning I'm ready for the woods with the Norm Thompson/Resistol beaver on top,
IMG_4582 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Buckskin band. Wish I could find one from the mid 50s with a real leopard band. Ha ha.
IMG_4576 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4573 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And my go to thorn pants for the woodland portion of the day,
IMG_4572 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I'm hoping for an enjoyable day here, hope you are finding the same there,
Michael
That suit really was da bomb for the Jazz Festival Michael. What are you going to do to top it for tonight? Love the band on that NT, but you are right, Leopard would make it a standout. You might be attacked by PETA though...

KarlCrow

One Too Many
The BGCD is looking good. It will be a very versatile hat for you, it goes well with socks and sandals!
Thanks red, jeeze it's cold here in the shade all but about 10 random days a year, and I have neuropathy in my legs and cold feet, and my half century ain't that far off. I'll keep my socks on. (-:
The BGCD is looking good. It will be a very versatile hat for you, it goes well with socks and sandals!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That suit really was da bomb for the Jazz Festival Michael. What are you going to do to top it for tonight? Love the band on that NT, but you are right, Leopard would make it a standout. You might be attacked by PETA though...
I don't think I'll try to top it Red. I may break my never wear the same outfit twice rule and go with that madras jacket outfit from the other day. Or I might change out the shirt and hat and call it new. Or maybe something completely different, who knows?

I'm more worried about peta with my raccoon coats. I've never seen one of the NT with leopard for sale, only in the catalogs, so I probably won't have to worry about that.

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot