Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Just got home with the Slats Gill Playboy Clone. I couldn't be more pleased. Light as a feather, unlined and finished to a baby bottom smoothness (both inside and out), sand color with Playboy type ribbon treatment. I took a couple of shots with a preliminary hollywood brim curl. Need to refine it for just the perfect Coach Gill panache! More later, I need a beer and a nap.

View attachment 79080 View attachment 79081
Hell yeah! I need me one of those! Congrats, Red!
More pics! More pics!

Just got home with the Slats Gill Playboy Clone. I couldn't be more pleased. Light as a feather, unlined and finished to a baby bottom smoothness (both inside and out), sand color with Playboy type ribbon treatment. I took a couple of shots with a preliminary hollywood brim curl. Need to refine it for just the perfect Coach Gill panache! More later, I need a beer and a nap.

Super Mike. Great colors.

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
This is an Optimo in Blue Pearl. The carbuncle attached to this fine hat is me, aka Hats Matter. I wanted to send a selfie to convey the message that I do actually exist.

blue pearl selfie 001.jpg

KarlCrow

One Too Many
This is an Optimo in Blue Pearl. The carbuncle attached to this fine hat is me, aka Hats Matter. I wanted to send a selfie to convey the message that I do actually exist.

View attachment 79086
'we' haven't been ignoring 'you'!
you should post that nice lid, if you haven't, in the blue hats thread, my blue heaven, below.

(-:

Good get.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Looks like a great hat Red. I'm sure you'll enjoy getting a custom bend in that brim.

Michael

Have you posted pics of the guts yet? If so, I missed them.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Not too much to show: unreeled sweat with the ends stitched together.

IMG_2053.jpg

Reorder tag:

IMG_2055.jpg

Size tag, what's left of the $7.50 price tag, what's left of the sweat size tag plus the REEDS tag that says "Lot 404 MXMK-"

IMG_2059.jpg

No stitch or glue of a sign that it ever had a lining, being an "AIRY WEIGHT" I take that to be true. The sweat has a grain pattern to it & embossed hash marks along the top edge.

IMG_2052.jpg

I have found no record of REEDS via Google search.

IMG_2054.jpg

I'm thinking 1960's. If any of this is not accurate I'm blaming Happy Hour!

View attachment 79082 9.30 pm, chilling out in my back yard after a very very long day, just catching the very last of the sun's rays on our 4th sunny day this sad excuse for a summer, feeling more like a pensioner than this 65 year old echter borsalino looks. I think the third season of Fargo continues at 10.30, but my day may have me asleep before then. Who am I kidding, second wind followed by insomnia as usual no doubt. (-:
Great picture, Karl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW