Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastic shots, Mike!!
Thanks to everyone for their play by play posts and sharing the emotions of the eclipse.
I know I'm not alone in eagerly anticipating what @alanfgag comes home with.

Thank goodness for the Public Library in my town!! They had free "goggles," beginning at 1:30pm today. I went down at 12:30 to queue up, with only about 150 people in front of me. Waiting in the 85-90F sun, I was happy to have a nice wide paja toquilla brim. At 1:30, I grabbed a pair and bolted (well, by speeding car, anyway) back to my office to share with about 20 very appreciative ladies.

DSC00984a.jpg DSC00981a.jpg DSC00979a.jpg

68% to %70 here in SoConn. And it got cloudy and overcast. Supposed to be bright and sunny...
That was the guesstimate for this part of southern California--68-70% totality, clear and sunny. I have no idea what actually happened because my old friend insomnia visited last night. Didn't even bother trying to sleep until after 3:00 a.m., and saw 5:00 a.m. come and go before I finally nodded off. By the time I woke up just after 11:00 a.m., it was already over.

I'd best start cleaning up around here...
Why bother? We're just gonna' mess it up again. But we'll help you clean it up before we leave.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
That was the guesstimate for this part of southern California--68-70% totality, clear and sunny. I have no idea what actually happened because my old friend insomnia visited last night. Didn't even bother trying to sleep until after 3:00 a.m., and saw 5:00 a.m. come and go before I finally nodded off. By the time I woke up just after 11:00 a.m., it was already over.

Why bother? We're just gonna' mess it up again. But we'll help you clean it up before we leave.
Didn't miss anything. A non event.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I've heard that from more than a few sources. Unless you were directly under the 100% path it apparently didn't live up to the hype.
Yer right. We were 70% in SoConn. Sounds like alot. A little hazy skies but still...
It was alot darker over the wknd when we had a light rain. Genuwine Eclipse Sunglasses helped cut down on the gear but it didn't get DARK. I wanted just a little dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy