Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Practically Family
Gannon in Silvermist.

a9a3b8d04dba0ac5250d7cab8109533c.jpg
a2180c581475c965f5c7ce29c3e5ab25.jpg
fc836af6d8825dc496ff824293990839.jpg

They're predicting rain today, Bob. I knew you'd want that info.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Diggin The felt and ribbon color combo, it packs a punch!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For the last two weeks I've only been wearing one hat. A modern Stetson Grand Central that I bought at the outlet store in Garland, TX. My wife and I were in Alaska celebrating our 30th anniversary. It was misty quite a bit and the lid really didn't hold up as well as I wanted. A few months ago I was in Scotland for work for almost 4 weeks. I wore a 50s Borsalino to Scotland and the weather was pretty much the same as in Alaska. The Borsalino held up much better.

I didn't want to take a vintage fedora because I was worried about loosing it or it being damaged. Now I wish I had taken a vintage. But all in all the Stetson Grand Central worked fine. It just looked used and abused by the end of the trip. It also stretched during the trip. I thought ahead and took a couple of felt sizing strips just in case. So was able to compensate.

IMG_0513.jpg IMG_0402.jpg IMG_2605.jpg IMG_0184.jpg abe_5216.jpg

Samuel

Practically Family
For the last two weeks I've only been wearing one hat. A modern Stetson Grand Central that I bought at the outlet store in Garland, TX. My wife and I were in Alaska celebrating our 30th anniversary. It was misty quite a bit and the lid really didn't hold up as well as I wanted. A few months ago I was in Scotland for work for almost 4 weeks. I wore a 50s Borsalino to Scotland and the weather was pretty much the same as in Alaska. The Borsalino held up much better.

I didn't want to take a vintage fedora because I was worried about loosing it or it being damaged. Now I wish I had taken a vintage. But all in all the Stetson Grand Central worked fine. It just looked used and abused by the end of the trip. It also stretched during the trip. I thought ahead and took a couple of felt sizing strips just in case. So was able to compensate.

View attachment 83189 View attachment 83190 View attachment 83191 View attachment 83192 View attachment 83194
happy anniversary sir! THAT'S ONE HECK OF A NICE LADY YOU HAVE THERE and your hat Rocks!

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 83189 View attachment 83190 View attachment 83191 View attachment 83192 View attachment 83194
Well, you both look great (as does your hat)!

Doing some serious stylin' today Red. Great hat, great outfit, and I'm sure, great presentation.
That hat impresses me more each time I see it;good luck with the presentation,Red.
Looking sharp! Fantastic outfit.
you look spiffy, good luck with your presentation.

Thanks guys, the Alumni Association now wants me to expand the talk into an hour and I'll be doing it at various Sesquicentennial events over the next months. The Navy Gannon must be good luck.

Sure, nice and sunny today when there is no eclipse to be found anywhere. Royal Deluxe OR
Michael
Did you miss it, yesterday was eclipse day. Didn't you get the memo? Love that OR, color, lines and ribbon, all of it.

Gannon in Silvermist.

They're predicting rain today, Bob. I knew you'd want that info.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
A Light colored Gannon is my latest quest. I'm saving this one in my covet file. Great straight crown.

I got this apparently unworn Stetson 5X in a fancy box just yesterday... but it does reek of old cigarette smoke and needed a good brushing. So I thought I'd wear it this morning on my errands. Had to grab the Wrangler "George Strait" shirt I picked up on close out at the local farm store, Wilco.

It's a 7-3/8 Long Oval and fits pretty darn good. The felt on the crown is fairly soft, but the brim is real stiff. Brim is 3" and the crown as creased is about 4-1/2" front and back and up to 5+" at the top center of the crease.
Nice, it looks real sharp. Another style I just can't pull off. You look great in it.

Mallory again today:
I just love that expansive ribbon on that Mallory, it really makes a statement.

Hey folks!
Many thanks for the likes and kind words on my recent posts. Always appreciated!:)
Today it's the Disney Handover.

0c952191fc17a1e14659af26d142efbe.jpg

Have a great day!