Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today another Stagecoach
20170823.jpg

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Roman, sweet strat!

David, great choice. nothing like a good hat for a little rain

Rjr, Awesome fed, but the hat band is the deal maker!

Michael, that is a favorite

Cmoy, jazzed it up well, great shot

Fabio, niiice to each

Fruno, stellar whippet!! is that grey and a green band? looks sharp

Karl, I like

--------

Stetson Excellent Quality Featherweight, bearing the 1915 Exposition Medals (1915-early 20s)

c142f7a860dcc3e945e594efc6fa540e.jpg
b4996ef68ee8615dd261c4f9ff705f31.jpg
9140e36557849cb9b924d6d075d830bb.jpg
3e3964ece4422ff050be9be91b576d97.jpg
115b7ffb148fbaf8388abfcf14d0e3ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Amazing hat!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've been waiting on this one. A Knox 15 from ebay. Sellers pic didn't do the hat justice, and neither do mine but give one a better idea of the cool brown felt and old copper color of the ribbon and bow with a twisted knot. I've wanted a nice Knox for some time, and the twisted knot is something I've loved since I saw them on the Gannon hats of @moontheloon and @Frunobulax

Nothing under the sweat except a stamp of the size, 7-3/8 and some pencil or crayon marks that mean nothing to me. The hat is a Long Oval (Ovalized Sixteenths in Knox jargon) and fits like a custom. It also has the Knox Custom Edge, aka Cavanagh Edge, that I really like. The reeded sweat and stitching of same are in good shape. The liner shows its age but is all there and legible. The felt looks really good and creases like a dream.... it's also dusty and will get a good brushing after the Lexol dries on the inside of the sweat.

More pics in the Knox thread.

i-2RbMHGg-L.jpg

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice shade of blue!
It is a good shade. Sad news from your town today. My condolences to the family

Fantastic look. The brim up on that Marathon works well.
Thanks Red. Off all my hats I think this is the one I like best in brim up mode. It vies for all around favorite too, but that is a choice this is too tough for me to make. So I rotate my overall favorites. Ha ha

an absolute favorite of yours
boy , would I love to have that piece
just fantastic
Thanks Anthony. That's how I feel about, oh let's say, 30 of your hats.

I like that hat more every time I see it.
Thanks Steur. It does seem to be sneaking onto my head more often than most or any of my other hats, but that could be because it's my only blue hat. Oops, I take that back I do have a dark navy velour homburg. Which reminds me, it's about time to pull that out again.

Thanks all,
Michael

Tragedy struck our middle-school yesterday after school. One of our students was taking a bike ride with his dad. A car struck the father who was an off duty police officer. He died at the scene—hit and run. I'm wearing my black Jay Lord fedora.

View attachment 83272

Thoughts and prayer for the family, Sam. I also hope justice will be served...

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
OVER the TOP, Justin. I always look forward to see what you come up with, and have yet to be disappointed!
That looks like my kind of yard sale behind you in the first three shots!
Thank you sir, and I enjoy your posts throughly!! The stuff you see behind me in the photos is just the tip of the ice berg on what we have all over the 5 acres. Mind boggling, really

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana