Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I've been waiting on this one. A Knox 15 from ebay. Sellers pic didn't do the hat justice, and neither do mine but give one a better idea of the cool brown felt and old copper color of the ribbon and bow with a twisted knot. I've wanted a nice Knox for some time, and the twisted knot is something I've loved since I saw them on the Gannon hats of @moontheloon and @Frunobulax

Nothing under the sweat except a stamp of the size, 7-3/8 and some pencil or crayon marks that mean nothing to me. The hat is a Long Oval (Ovalized Sixteenths in Knox jargon) and fits like a custom. It also has the Knox Custom Edge, aka Cavanagh Edge, that I really like. The reeded sweat and stitching of same are in good shape. The liner shows its age but is all there and legible. The felt looks really good and creases like a dream.... it's also dusty and will get a good brushing after the Lexol dries on the inside of the sweat.

More pics in the Knox thread.

i-2RbMHGg-L.jpg

One of your nicest Doug.

I've been waiting on this one. A Knox 15 from ebay. Sellers pic didn't do the hat justice, and neither do mine but give one a better idea of the cool brown felt and old copper color of the ribbon and bow with a twisted knot. I've wanted a nice Knox for some time, and the twisted knot is something I've loved since I saw them on the Gannon hats of @moontheloon and @Frunobulax

Nothing under the sweat except a stamp of the size, 7-3/8 and some pencil or crayon marks that mean nothing to me. The hat is a Long Oval (Ovalized Sixteenths in Knox jargon) and fits like a custom. It also has the Knox Custom Edge, aka Cavanagh Edge, that I really like. The reeded sweat and stitching of same are in good shape. The liner shows its age but is all there and legible. The felt looks really good and creases like a dream.... it's also dusty and will get a good brushing after the Lexol dries on the inside of the sweat.

More pics in the Knox thread.

i-2RbMHGg-L.jpg

Congratulations! That ribbon color is super. Nice crumpled crease, looks 40s.

New hat day. Picked up a new Stetson Stratoliner Milan in hemp. Special Edition version, better sweat (sheep skin?) and a more substantial milan weave. There is a different feel between the regular milan and this one, seems more hefty. Definitely a late summer/early spring weight straw. So far I'm liking it. Needs some steam and a snap though.

23Aug17 Hemp Strat front.jpg
23Aug17 Hemp Strat side.jpg

Thank you sir, and I enjoy your posts throughly!! The stuff you see behind me in the photos is just the tip of the ice berg on what we have all over the 5 acres. Mind boggling, really

LOVE it, Justin! My family was in the auto and metal salvage business in northern Vermont, from about 1917-18. I see gold in those piles!!
Who's in charge of inventory control?

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
New hat day. Picked up a new Stetson Stratoliner Milan in hemp. Special Edition version, better sweat (sheep skin?) and a more substantial milan weave. There is a different feel between the regular milan and this one, seems more hefty. Definitely a late summer/early spring weight straw. So far I'm liking it. Needs some steam and a snap though.

View attachment 83338 View attachment 83339
Stellar acquisition!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 83338 View attachment 83339
Dang it, Red, that looks great! Did you get this one from your local haberdasher?

Stellar acquisition!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks Justin.

Dang it, Red, that looks great! Did you get this one from your local haberdasher?
Yes, Oscar had a sale last week at 25% off his straw selection, he was kind of overloaded. Sure like the quality for a modern Stetson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21