Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The look suits you well down to the gloves. Very classy I must say. I'm sure you turned a few heads at Sarges.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty, You're really into this! Is it still just a hobby, or are you operating a shop, or ebay etc., for profit as well? Either way, you wear the styles quite well. What a great set of pictures! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
My 7x clear beaver quality stetson
IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

Vintage Betty

J.T.Marcus said:
Vintage Betty, You're really into this! Is it still just a hobby, or are you operating a shop, or ebay etc., for profit as well? Either way, you wear the styles quite well. What a great set of pictures! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

What a great compliment! Thank you Mr. Marcus!

I've collected vintage for 26 years, and I have been a serious collector. Apparently, it runs in the family - my grandfather was a milliner and tailor, but I never met him.

I own a business, but it has nothing to do with vintage or retro stuff. PM me if you want more details.

Over the years, I have collected so many items that I sold my excess stuff on ebay, in addition to my full time job. I never bought for profit. I did that for a number of years, but when the prices got so low it wasn't worth my time, I decided to give it away. That's why you see me giving items away in the Ladies Globe Trotting Hat thread and in the Classifieds. I'm very happy that the items are going to such good homes for people who want them and appreciate them. The response has been wonderful.

I'm guessing I'm one of the long-time collectors here on the Lounge, so I will be putting more items up for pictures, so people can learn and enjoy. And if there is a response to the contests, I will continue to give stuff away. If the response tapers off, I will give stuff away to charity.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

I'm wearing a new polyester and wool hat I got for $8.99 at a chain store of low-priced clothing in NYC last week. The store is called Strawberry in case anyone knows it.

I wore this to the grocery store, and people were confused (again). But my grocers smiled at me and another woman who wore a hat smiled when I commented on her hat.

Vintage Betty

betty13.JPG

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
It has been overcast and rainy here in central Iowa since last Saturday. Yesterday, I wore my black wool B!Wear newsboy cap and will probably wear it again today for my class at the DM Art Center.

That's one place I can wear my hats or caps and the only comments I get are "my, you certainly look like an artist."

I just have to be extra careful with the oil paints and make sure I don't get any paint on the hats.

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I decided to wear, instead, my black Stetson Open Road fedora. It rained and rained, so kept my head from getting wet.

No one at the Art Center said a word about my hat, so that was good.

karol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner