Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
No hospital personnel are allowed to assist in bringing people into the hospital, so his wife was out there screaming for help as she couldn't lift her husband. I would have driven the car through the front doors had I been driving. Thankfully, another person came over from his vehicle in the parking lot to help.
It's the same here. You can fall at the hospital door and no hospital personnel will assist you unless you drag yourself inside.

RJR

Looks like Irma is expected to be Cat 1-2 when it hits Miami, which is still bad, especially with the flooding, storm surge and threat of tornadoes still looming. Prayers for all affected. We have cousins in Miami, friends in Ocoee and Eustis.

https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=cddba51d2238e587&hl=en&gl=US&source=wweather

My sister and her family are in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The cat 5 storm went north and all they got was some wind and rain. Virgin Islands got hammered, as did northern DR and northern Cuba.

We have a dear friend, somewhat of a pillar of the community here, who has been in the hospital since Monday. Sounds like a blood clot from his leg broke loose and stopped up his heart. Massive heart attack, vomiting with aspiration, he was dead when they got him to the hospital. No hospital personnel are allowed to assist in bringing people into the hospital, so his wife was out there screaming for help as she couldn't lift her husband. I would have driven the car through the front doors had I been driving. Thankfully, another person came over from his vehicle in the parking lot to help. Hospital staff worked on Angel for 4 hours, hitting him with the paddles 8 times to bring him back.

Once stable, they airlifted Angel to OHSU where it looked grim. Low brain activity/connectivity to his right side and zero to the left. He was in a coma all this time with machines doing his breathing and keeping his heart going. I was preparing myself for another funeral. All his kids flew in from around the country. They've been living at the hospital.

Last night we set up meals for the family and heard that Angel is sitting up in his bed and asking to go home. Literally, the world has been praying for Angel every hour of every day in homes, in churches and in temples. I was pretty well convinced it was Angel's time to go. God showed me I was wrong, again.

We're headed out to pick up the food order from the local Harvest Fresh deli. Haven't been thinking of hats too much lately, but I think I'll take my current favorite with me today, the Knox 15 custom edge miracle. It's been a miracle for Angel. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

i-2RbMHGg-M.jpg

I'm glad your friend has survived what sounds like a serious event.His experience at the ER is the screaming argument for calling an ambulance.

Looks like Irma is expected to be Cat 1-2 when it hits Miami, which is still bad, especially with the flooding, storm surge and threat of tornadoes still looming. Prayers for all affected. We have cousins in Miami, friends in Ocoee and Eustis.

https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=cddba51d2238e587&hl=en&gl=US&source=wweather

My sister and her family are in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The cat 5 storm went north and all they got was some wind and rain. Virgin Islands got hammered, as did northern DR and northern Cuba.

We have a dear friend, somewhat of a pillar of the community here, who has been in the hospital since Monday. Sounds like a blood clot from his leg broke loose and stopped up his heart. Massive heart attack, vomiting with aspiration, he was dead when they got him to the hospital. No hospital personnel are allowed to assist in bringing people into the hospital, so his wife was out there screaming for help as she couldn't lift her husband. I would have driven the car through the front doors had I been driving. Thankfully, another person came over from his vehicle in the parking lot to help. Hospital staff worked on Angel for 4 hours, hitting him with the paddles 8 times to bring him back.

Once stable, they airlifted Angel to OHSU where it looked grim. Low brain activity/connectivity to his right side and zero to the left. He was in a coma all this time with machines doing his breathing and keeping his heart going. I was preparing myself for another funeral. All his kids flew in from around the country. They've been living at the hospital.

Last night we set up meals for the family and heard that Angel is sitting up in his bed and asking to go home. Literally, the world has been praying for Angel every hour of every day in homes, in churches and in temples. I was pretty well convinced it was Angel's time to go. God showed me I was wrong, again.

We're headed out to pick up the food order from the local Harvest Fresh deli. Haven't been thinking of hats too much lately, but I think I'll take my current favorite with me today, the Knox 15 custom edge miracle. It's been a miracle for Angel. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

i-2RbMHGg-M.jpg

You are a good person Doug. Adding Angel to our prayers. Love that hat. Stay strong for the family you are serving.

About to hit the road in search of the wild mushroom. In a Norm Thompson Resistol Shikari hat,
DSCN4518 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4519 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Buckskin band. Introduced in '55 or so and stayed in the catalog til at least the late '60s.
9-9-2017 Today's Clothes - Mushroom Foray Edition by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Saturday.

Michael
What a great hat for the hunt! Good luck.

Hoping for safety for everyone affected by these hurricanes and fires. I find myself back in the Black Hills this weekend for work. And finally, the boots happened. Only because they were on the clearance rack and seemed to fit, but I've wanted a pair for a long time.
Buckaroo hatters whisky derby with me this weekend.
18730b4744c3877b049c9f39d3573ea5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice purchase! This photo is da bomb! I still love that brown derby.

i-2RbMHGg-M.jpg

Good to hear your friend recovered from this. The power of prayer is real. Remind me to tell you the story sometime of how White Castles brought my mom back from the brink of death.

My sister and BiL are in Punta Gorda, FL. They were going to shelter in place, but are bugging out to SC because of the evacuation order (I'da been gone a day or so ago).

No hat yet, as my dead heinie hasn't left the house.

KarlCrow

One Too Many

i-2RbMHGg-M.jpg

i think fate is a bit more random than god, but then i look at how that hat sits on you, i could
wear your ear off all the days about my views on shit like that. And I have no comfortable or tradable alternative except that's pretty much as good as this hat look goes. Be as well as you look lad. I'm aware Someone seems to be lighting a fire, with your and yours arses in it, but, you are dressed for it. I don't pray to some god but I do pray to luck so fate. Be as well as you look each day man. My thoughts hear you for however much that counts. K

Last edited:

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many

i-2RbMHGg-M.jpg

Wow, what a story. Must have been brutal for the whole family. Best wishes to Angel!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

i-2RbMHGg-M.jpg

Added to prayer list.

I have a long list at the moment.

I'm glad to hear Angel is doing better.
Miracles do happen, they happen every day, all over the globe.

Gorgeous hat by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24