Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ha!

It's someone who hates hair (and might kick the ass of some dirty hippie who has lots of it).

Interestingly, my bald spot suggests that I AM an antipilianist on an organic level.
There is a solution to that. As the bald patch grows bigger, get it covered by a mural of tattooed rabbits. From a distance they look like hares.

As Karl says, there's no one book covering what we know as 'The Troubles' in reference to Ireland, but do have a look at what Gerald Seymour has written. Seymour, a former TV news frontman, spent a lot of time covering the news at the time of the worst escalation of violence. His is an informative read.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Today finds me going out with my BFF - Big Furry Fedora. Hmm, that sounds kind of familiar, did they use those initials for something already? Whatevs.

Charles Knox Hatters
DSCN6363 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6372 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I really should tack down that bow one of these days if I'm going to stay with this ribbon.
DSCN6361 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Off for a bike ride soon on this damp, but warmish for November day.
DSCN6356 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a great Sunday,
Michael

KarlCrow

One Too Many
There is a solution to that. As the bald patch grows bigger, get it covered by a mural of tattooed rabbits. From a distance they look like hares.

As Karl says, there's no one book covering what we know as 'The Troubles' in reference to Ireland, but do have a look at what Gerald Seymour has written. Seymour, a former TV news frontman, spent a lot of time covering the news at the time of the worst escalation of violence. His is an informative read.
I'll have a gander at that.

My good friend retired on the settlement check he got for being fired for not cutting his hair. He was a Vietnam war protester with long hair since the late 60's; got arrested for protesting on the White House lawn. He was hired at an oil company, worked there for 20-some years when they decided to change the policy on hair length for men. He simply replied, while pointing to a recently hired female, "I'll cut my hair when she cuts hers." He got an attorney to file a wrongful termination claim based on sexism and they settled a day before trial. He was barred from disclosing the amount, but assured me it was enough to retire on and play the stock market. He also had one of the nicest collections of historical battle rifles and submachine guns I'd ever seen outside of a museum.

Shoulda got your friend's lawyer. I was told I had no case, with the Ohio State Highway Patrols policies as a precedent. Not that my 19 year old a** would have done anything anyway.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

boze

One of the Regulars
Gym BOP
4454ae570c00bc14375e7b6b8a960fbf.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Tell me about that suit, Michael? Vintage 6 and 2 DB?
Great look with the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks D. There's not much I can tell you about it, except that it is vintage. There is no manufacturer label, it was sold by The Hub in Mason City Iowa and it has a union label that dates it between 1949 and 1961. I favor the earlier side of that range, but on little evidence. Worsted wool I guess, grey and taupe or tan with an orange overcheck.
DSCN6151 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6116 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And with a different hat,
DSCN6142 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think I prefer it with the fedora.

+1 I am a huge fan of DB suits!! So very classic!
Thanks Jeremy. I really like this look too. I'm less taken with some of the later DB blazers and suits, but like this period and older a lot.

Thanks,
Michael

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
NO BOW TIES!?!?!?!?!?:eek: NOW that is a crime....;).
M
Yep I was pulled into a random meeting and told I was forbidden from wearing bow ties to the office. The reason was as simple as the owner doesn’t like them and other were beginning to follow my style and he wanted it stopped ASAP! One of the more odd meetings I was ever in attendance for lol.

Willybob

A-List Customer
Thank you all for your kind comments. The lighting does not portray the color well. Its a standard silver belly. This pic shows the color better.

IMG_0558.JPG

I wore this hat in the rain often and it did shrink so I re blocked it. I'm curious to find out if it will reach a point of no more shrinkage or "dead felt" if it shrinks and is re blocked a few more times.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks D. There's not much I can tell you about it, except that it is vintage. There is no manufacturer label, it was sold by The Hub in Mason City Iowa and it has a union label that dates it between 1949 and 1961. I favor the earlier side of that range, but on little evidence. Worsted wool I guess, grey and taupe or tan with an orange overcheck.
DSCN6151 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6116 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And with a different hat,
DSCN6142 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think I prefer it with the fedora.

Thanks Jeremy. I really like this look too. I'm less taken with some of the later DB blazers and suits, but like this period and older a lot.

Thanks,
Michael
They don't make them off the rack like that anymore. No vent? The Knox Fedora is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo