Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a great question Mike

I personally have a whippet, strat, eagle, ThreeWay, Stetsonian, Playboy all in Vita... I’ve seen turf club and many others.. so I assume that most if not all of the name models from that short period were made in Vita felt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, I must read up on the Vita Felt threads...one of my bucket list series of hats. Thanks Ant.

Hi all and happy Thanksgiving. We had to do it on Saturday (my wife’s American) as it’s not a holiday in the UK. Stetson Mode Edge.

5bec42557f9b7be352139085d0f7658a.jpg
Good to see you Christophe! Nice lines on that Stetson. And since we still have turkey in our fridge, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Grocery store in a VS Executive (bluesmke felt).

Hardware store and liquor store in a Gannon (granite felt).

i-Mt2fp84-M.jpg

Grilling lunch in a Monsavais cap. Cheers!

i-bSLp5jL-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
What a fantastic parade of hats Eric. I dig your style.

Was out playing with my sister and BIL today. Ran across a new suit, but same old, same old Stetson Royal Deluxe hat is one top with it
DSCN6825 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6836 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6837 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
11-26-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hope everyone is having a great day,
Michael
I still love the same old Stetson. I thought you just found a great jacket, scrolling down...Wow! That is a statement, looks warm.

Just finished up on this one yesterday. This was a prior conversion I did on a black Resistol Western that Anthony gifted to me. I didn't care much for the block that I first used, so I took it apart again and re-did it on a different block, one that was much straighter sided. This second blocking gave me a taller and open crown shape that I like much better now than before. Still, a black hat, though. I'm not a big fan of black hats. Not sure if the black color suits me. Although, I like the new crown shape much better. The thin ribbon I have on it isn't attached. I'm looking for a black 3/8 ribbon to put on it for an OR style bow and ribbon work. I'll have more pics in the conversion corral....

Black_Conversion_Resistol_1.jpg

I like it. Great crown shape and kind of a less formal look to a black fedora. Nice Terry!

Oh yeah.

I don't know much of a story about the suit. It came from an estate of a guy that had a lot of custom suits, but there are no labels in this one at all. The tweed is very heavy and woven with large yarns.
DSCN6828 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I was telling my sister today that my holy grail of suits were the large fleck tweeds that you see in the movies from the 30s, but I never see them. And then we go to the vintage store and this one is there. Ha ha. I need to get her to visit more often.

Thanks all,
Michael
Love all the colors in that tweed. It is bold and substantial. Nice detail shot, yummy.

Sunny Monday in the train, under the recent Borsalino.

b978e09f3b65d296b8882812ad0f7da5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very handsome Borsalino Senshu-san. もう一度お会いできてよかったです。

Hey all!
Late post, been raining all day.
This Mossant that I just finished fixing gets the rain test.

a6f9fe7a1c53439849f728dbf0ed3206.jpg
5f21f596285ad910ac380d73f3b02f1f.jpg
b8b6010fad9654572a29ecc1532024ff.jpg
a21ecb1fcc3cdb614500c9f42f09a735.jpg

Have a great day!