Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Wore my beaver Gannon to a holiday party at an antique store on Friday and a photographer friend stopped by unexpectedly.
efdbb6c02b90e4fc2173f7ab090b5087.jpg
ee9bd1c461c69af01772d4cff2ce74d8.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Perfect scene for a great hat.
Good morning. My Akubra Fl version CampDraft and I worked clearing the walkways of new slushy/icy fallen snow last evening.

i-XztV2Gb-M.jpg

This morning my Gannon and I cleaned up the white snow.

i-mXzSrXT-M.jpg

i-MGhLpsz-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Great hats. And the shot of the Gannon on the snow-covered spruce... that's ad quality stuff, there.
Happy Tuesday and thank for your yesterday appreciation
Today intense cold day - 4 Celsius this morning during the walk
6sx3pc.jpg

It's time for another Borsalino recently entered in my collection
2z7na5j.jpg

It is a mixture of fur and wool to get the colors varied in the brown tones that make up the texture of the heather felt
2s76x03.jpg

The proportions are classic, 5.5 brims and crown at 12 cm. for this Borsalino of "recent" production.
2d9uvt1.jpg

The finish of the brim is fold over with three seams to finish and felt is very malleamle
29xdzd0.jpg

Comes from Bolzano and has been fished in the field of hats of the historic shop, now closed, of "M. Hutter" you can find his borthers at www.relodn.com
Great heather Daniele.
Beautiful Vita-Felt Matt. The color is so...chocolaty. I need one of these. A gaping hole in my omnium-gaterum.
Thanks Mike.

Of course, your post is referring to the Finnish death metal band, Omnium Gatherum, right? You have always struck me as a death metal aficionado. I'm pleased to see that my read on you was correct.

Rock on, brother. Rock on...
Late '50s Pilgrim today. Winter is here.

f70ad3a439e3be6d4442d1f7dd0d465c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice hat, Jay.
Stay warm.
NW
4a49f914e35264913ce29e50810179df.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That is one heck of a hat, Harv.

Thanks. I'm not too sure myself about the dating, but my hatter thought they only used this logo until 1953-ish... but don't quote me! :)

There is info in The Resistol Roundup. Key considerations are the "designed by" vs "A Byer-Rolnick Product." Also, the shape of the O in Resistol, among other things.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Heading out to my Haberdasher to fill out my "Wish List" for my wife and Mother in Law to shop from. I figured my St. Regis will be appropriate to go into a shop where you are treated like they did in the 1940s when this hat was made.

View attachment 96602 View attachment 96603
View attachment 96604 The NW Hats Olcott 1913 Styled Homburg from about a year ago.
Very stylish!! Love the hat and overcoat.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
And the shot of the Gannon on the snow-covered spruce... that's ad quality stuff, there.

Thanks. Putting the weather out of mind is needed at times when trying to enjoy outdoor adventures. The temps have dropped 40'F over the past 24 hours. Wool is my companion for the evening.

i-KRD25FG-M.jpg

Cap content. Apologies to the hat only folks - I just can not only have homemade apple pie for dessert. I like to vary my sweets. By extension, vary my hats and caps.

i-wCBcVNH-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

+1 This brand is also missing from my stable. Have to do something about that...

Finding a Resistol dress hat can be daunting. Especially the kind we like. The lower crown, shorter brim hats can be found, as they seem to have survived since the were made in the 60s. The older, more classic looking fedoras don't seem to have survived as well. Since Hatco bought them, they're all western.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
It occurred to me I should open a hamburger stand. Some of my offerings would include:

The Vita-melt
The Stratoburger
The Game Bird (chicken sandwich)
The Open Roadkill (varies, sometimes possum, sometimes raccoon)
The Boss Raw Edge (vegetarian)

I'll have to think of a few more to round out the menu.

The Rainbow= Fish sandwich
The Foxhound= Bagel Dog
The Polar= Snow Cone
And, The Velour Discount= 50% off anything growing fuzz...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy