Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute beautiful day...

So the Stetson 100 is getting some noggin time...
100Stet2.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Chief, this thing is so sweet, I break it out every chance I can. The feel of the sweatband against my head is only out matched by the hand of the felt, but then you know that too well...

Please remind me again - How does the 'One Hundred' compare to the '7X Clear Beaver'? I picked up a small Clear Beaver just to see what it felt like (don't ever quote me on that, outside of a hat conversation) and it had a very smooth finish, but the felt was stiffer than I like. But I don't expect to ever feel a 'One Hundred' unless you and I cross paths in Atlanta some day. It sounds from you and jtl that they are pretty amazing.

Also wondering - I only have seen the above-mentioned hats in light tan. Were they available in dark colors? And if so, do any loungers have such hats?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
I only have seen the above-mentioned hats in light tan. Were they available in dark colors? And if so, do any loungers have such hats?

Haven't we seen a couple black CB7s on ebay in recent months? I think someone here purchased and posted at least one of them. Dinerman perhaps?

ScottF said:
Please remind me again - How does the 'One Hundred' compare to the '7X Clear Beaver'? I picked up a small Clear Beaver just to see what it felt like (don't ever quote me on that, outside of a hat conversation) and it had a very smooth finish, but the felt was stiffer than I like. But I don't expect to ever feel a 'One Hundred' unless you and I cross paths in Atlanta some day. It sounds from you and jtl that they are pretty amazing.

Also wondering - I only have seen the above-mentioned hats in light tan. Were they available in dark colors? And if so, do any loungers have such hats?
A 7X Clear Beaver is equivalent to a Stetson 50. Sovereign is a Stetson 20, then comes the Stetson 25, followed by the 7X CB/50, then the top of the line being the 100. Jimmy the Lid may correct me but he has the 7X CB & the 100. I have a couple of 25's & the 100.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I have/have had something in the range of 10 7x clear beavers, one marked both 7x and "50".

No two had the same stiffness or thickness to the felt. Some were thick, others paper thin. Some board stiff, others like clay. The color varies amongst them, but all I've had have been a natural beaver color. I had a Stetson 100 a little bit ago. It was very fine, but not a big enough one that I'd say it was double the quality. The 100 I had was thin and board stiff.
I'd love to get a chance to feel one of the 5x clear beavers to compare.

I think rlk has a black 7x.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks all for the confidence. I would not cut the brim down, I thought about it though for 2 or 3 seconds but that is really not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou