Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Now there's something I haven't seen before. That is quite the hat you have there, Michael. Not for everyday wear, maybe, but certainly a great piece. Fits the rest of the wonderful outfit too (but I wouldn't expect anything else from you).
Thanks steur. It's the only one I've seen. I'm liking it for it's original out and about in the country uses.

Haven't commented on every hat, even though all were great and deserving. O well. I think this was thursday, but it was a bit busy this week. Barbisio ratiné. Wool felt, but a great little hat just the same.

View attachment 102078
Great looking wool felt. Better than some of my fur felts I would say. Make that many of, haha. Looks like a great accompanying outfit too.

Thanks,
Michael

View attachment 102049 my Moonstone Akubra Stylemaster arrived in the mail from Australia Friday afternoon.
Very nice. Musher like in Alaska? Love the moonstone color.

Stetson Nutria Quality. From the bay a couple of weeks ago. Looked like silver belly from the seller’s pics. Turned out to this pleasant brown after cleaning.
2f36f2d0ae05285fcf9d3e4acdaff0ab.jpg
d50a3b89014ca1dab90902addbaf36ff.jpg
f580768d1a92cde60c21f41247f5667c.jpg
67011753a80f4648ab9d7948973ab6a5.jpg
abc294878543cb99d4f64bd4ed1e8b63.jpg
08699d88c49f6466fe811f905ae101b7.jpg

Liner is long lost which is a disappointment
b22b769f473508bc322960b48362599e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great catch. Those elusive nutrias do move quickly. I like the color.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Lotta great stuff this cold a.m.

I just finished a redo on this vintage Bradford. I didn't like the block shape when I did the first conversion. This second time around I took it apart again and redid it on a different but straight sided block. This second redo came out much better. Not quite the actual Stratoliner that I've always wanted but my version from a hat of the same vintage era is good enough for now. I'll have more pics in the Conversion Corral when the ol' back gets a little better and I can sit longer...

Bradford_7_X_Redo_2.jpg

Bradford_7_X_Redo_5.jpg

Nice tall crown with a 2 3/4 brim. I put a little more rake on it this time around. 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 inches in the back.
Bradford_7_X_redo_6.jpg

The felt is just phenomenal on this hat
IMG_20180112_153637680_HDR.jpg

Some Johnny Cash. The Sun years. Luther Perkins on the Fender Esquire.

Last edited:

I just finished doing a redo on this vintage Bradford. I didn't like the block shape when I did the first conversion. This second time around I took it apart again and redid it on a straight sided block. This second redo came out much better. Not quite the actual Stratoliner that I've always wanted but my version from a hat of the same vintage era is good enough for now. I'll have more pics in the Conversion Corral when the ol' back gets a little better...

Bradford_7_X_Redo_2.jpg

Bradford_7_X_Redo_5.jpg

Nice tall crown with a 2 3/4 brim. I put a little more of a rake on it this around. 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 inches in the back.
Bradford_7_X_redo_6.jpg

Gorgeous Terry. Love those straight crowns. Here's hoping the back is mending well.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

I just finished a redo on this vintage Bradford. I didn't like the block shape when I did the first conversion. This second time around I took it apart again and redid it on a different but straight sided block. This second redo came out much better. Not quite the actual Stratoliner that I've always wanted but my version from a hat of the same vintage era is good enough for now. I'll have more pics in the Conversion Corral when the ol' back gets a little better and I can sit longer...

Bradford_7_X_Redo_2.jpg

Bradford_7_X_Redo_5.jpg

Nice tall crown with a 2 3/4 brim. I put a little more rake on it this time around. 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 inches in the back.
Bradford_7_X_redo_6.jpg

Great rebuild TJ, I just got got a Bradford 7X (whatever that means) but not sure what to do with it. Your crease may be the inspiration I need for it.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great rebuild TJ, I just got got a Bradford 7X (whatever that means) but not sure what to do with it. Your crease may be the inspiration I need for it.
Thank you Richard. Much appreciated. That's the same as mine, 7X. I'm at a loss too as to what that meant in Bradford talk. I do like them, though.

If you like the crease I did then I'd be honored if it inspires you to do the same to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24