Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my Stagecoach conversion with those hat profiles in the background of the picture you posted. I really like that era of fedoras, late 1930s - earlier '40s. Tall straight sided full crowns...I haven't seen Saboteur but now I'm interested. My Son spent the night with us for a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I've been introducing him to some noir movies that I have recorded and he's really getting into them. He especially enjoyed, "Murder My Sweet".

China_Conversion_3.jpg
China_Conversion_2.jpg

China_Conversion_1.jpg
China_Conversion_4.jpg

China_Conversion_5.jpg

Here it is on the head. It's one that I already posted sometime back

Alan_Ladd_China_Resistol_13.jpg

DA-yum, Terry!!

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've been on the form, but I wanted to stop in and say hello. I ran into a guy on the elevator at work yesterday wearing an Akubra Fed IV. Couldn't believe I saw one in the wild. We struck up a quick 30 second conversation about our love of hats in quick elevator ride. It made me miss all the back-and-forth here on the forum. I'm sorry I don't have the time to be on here like I used to. But I do check in and read the wisdom of the group from time to time.

Meanwhile, hat check. Wearing the D'Aquino today. It's as comfortable as ever.
0fb3c78cb2e9fb3cc5d6592f70eeb141.jpg

Hey, Dave!! STILL lovely D'Aquino, Bro! Must be one of those telepathy things happening, here. YESTERDAY, I was thinking about the time your Mom bought "little Davey" a nice hat in the outlet store. My own mother (90 years of age) inquired about the Panama she bought me for a b-day a few years back, and that reminded me of how nice it is to have a Mom do that... that was just yesterday.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've been on the form, but I wanted to stop in and say hello. I ran into a guy on the elevator at work yesterday wearing an Akubra Fed IV. Couldn't believe I saw one in the wild. We struck up a quick 30 second conversation about our love of hats in quick elevator ride. It made me miss all the back-and-forth here on the forum. I'm sorry I don't have the time to be on here like I used to. But I do check in and read the wisdom of the group from time to time.

0fb3c78cb2e9fb3cc5d6592f70eeb141.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Welcome back. Great to see you AND your D'Aquino again, Dave.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Here's my Stagecoach conversion with those hat profiles in the background of the picture you posted. I really like that era of fedoras, late 1930s - earlier '40s. Tall straight sided full crowns...I haven't seen Saboteur but now I'm interested. My Son spent the night with us for a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I've been introducing him to some noir movies that I have recorded and he's really getting into them. He especially enjoyed, "Murder My Sweet".

China_Conversion_3.jpg
China_Conversion_2.jpg

China_Conversion_1.jpg
China_Conversion_4.jpg

China_Conversion_5.jpg

Wonderful work as always, Terry.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Es! Yup, my own version of an anniversary was last night. Every year, I mark it at midnight, February 13, because that was when I slide that rock onto her finger to get the ball rolling back in 1979. Following a 180 mile late night drive through a blizzard in a borrowed yellow Chevrolet Chevette, (don't EVER tell Harv I drove that, please) I arrived at her doorstep just before 12. Thank G-d she let me in! We married in September of that year. She's starting to get used to me!
Thanks, Es! Yup, my own version of an anniversary was last night. Every year, I mark it at midnight, February 13, because that was when I slide that rock onto her finger to get the ball rolling back in 1979. Following a 180 mile late night drive through a blizzard in a borrowed yellow Chevrolet Chevette, (don't EVER tell Harv I drove that, please) I arrived at her doorstep just before 12. Thank G-d she let me in! We married in September of that year. She's starting to get used to me!
It's 44 years today for me and the woman I love. Just hope the wife don't find out!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

China_Conversion_3.jpg
China_Conversion_2.jpg

China_Conversion_1.jpg
China_Conversion_4.jpg

China_Conversion_5.jpg

Will you do ribbon work for pay?

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
She is beautiful! Congrats!

Good work, Justin!! She's just gorgeous! May she live to 120!!

Nice to see you, too.

Congrats, a real beauty (baby that is) Hat's nice too.

She is just adorable Justin, congratulations. And also for that wonderful hat. A paint brush accent, cool idea.

She's so cute!

Love the hat and the matching ribbon and sweater. Stylish!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Congratulations, Justin.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Congrats!!! :)

And congratulations to you on your trim choice for the St. R. It looks wonderful.

Congrats mom and dad!

Congrats Brother Justin and Family! Try not to get any ash on that brim...

Congrats, Justin. Baby blue would be more fitting, but this will do just fine.

Thanks everyone!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
First day back at the office after an amazing paternity leave. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers -- my baby girl Rafaella was born on 1/31 - healthy and strong!

27628588_10103885648307048_5697748912951391968_o.jpg

For Ash Wednesday, my pale blue 1950's Stetson St. Regis with a new/antique merlot ribbon accented with a fine-point brush.
27751967_10103898436359688_8173074784650500300_n.jpg

27867154_10103898436279848_6702160321091007283_n.jpg

27750576_10103898436239928_8899728806630043903_n.jpg

Congratulations. In a way, your life is just beginning, as well.

China_Conversion_3.jpg
China_Conversion_2.jpg

China_Conversion_1.jpg
China_Conversion_4.jpg

China_Conversion_5.jpg

Your conversions look like they were on the shelf waiting to be bought in February 1940. Quite an accomplishment...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Welcome back Dave. I like the color combo on that fine hat.

Another crisp morning and another heather felt. T&W Lees heather in grey.
View attachment 106714
Very fine looking heather felt on that Lees.

That is a wonderful story, made me smile. The car, not so much.

EstherWeis

Vendor

How sweet! Well happy anniversary! Thank you that story.

And don’t worry, Harv is laughing as we speak ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo