Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beater Kevin O’Farrell...

d5b26c817d0633c0ec28dfb18733303f.jpg

1848b9ba2ed76acb96d4876b4015f9ab.jpg
That's one nice "beater," there, and a sweet beaded hat band.

I'm jealuous of everyone's great photos. I have a Samsung S8 phone, supposed to have a good camera with it, so it must be user error on my part. Maybe I need more practice getting my head centered in the photos holding camera one handed, and clicking blindly while looking away from the camera. lol
I think your photos are just fine. I don't post photos often myself because I've never had a cell phone with a decent camera, so I use our digital camera instead. Then it becomes a ritual of taking several photos from different angles, choosing the ones I think show off the hat best, uploading them to my laptop, cropping and editing them for size and a little color correction... It's probably a symptom of OCD, and it ends up being rather time consuming for what should be a simple task. I don't know how everyone else does it every day; I'd be exhausted!

That said, I like the "sense of style" you exhibited in today's photos. It's nice to see someone else who wears their hats casually like I do, even if it's only occasionally.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Indeed we should!! I’d be happy to show you the historic Boston sites, Mike. Heck, I ‘d even take your family portrait in front of the General Hooker statue at the statehouse!
View attachment 110558
Now there's an invitation. My missus has this uncanny perception, so good is she that I joke that she must be a witch. The joke is long running and to that end she has lots of witchy collectables in her sewing cabin.
The reason that I have explained that is because I wanted to do something special to celebrate our golden wedding in May. Provisionally I've booked a flight over London in a pre-war Dragon Rapide biplane, we might also get a day's excursion on a Flying Scotsman steam hauled train, but later in the year I've been thinking about taking her to New England in the early part of The Fall, it's somewhere we both want to visit. I would especially like to treat her to a trip to Salem, where else would you take a witch?
It would be the our first time north of the Mason-Dixon, do you guys drive on the left? I'll keep you updated if we do go, but if you see a couple of Limeys on the wrong side of the road, you'll know who it is.
hats 12.jpg

50's Stetson 3X Open Road on a rainy San Diego morning:
29178037_10103959288860788_7397599572677099520_n.jpg
That OR looks great with a wide ribbon, changes it's whole character. Very cool. Fantastic jacket too.

Hey all!
Another of my hats saved for days when the fine felt is flying and I don't want to look like a slacker. Also, it's in a box so out of sight... :)
Lee Silver Label.

ada1341a5cfb6fa33f79339cad0d1119.jpg
689e15135a9dcd8ba3950eca73e2763b.jpg
2c8f4832a66d26598effe0998889c1c9.jpg
7c25789ab47efafbc862a57cf97ddb0c.jpg

Love the Lee logo of this period.
Have a great day!