Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GClark

One of the Regulars
Thursday (rain - so my Christy's Adventurer "rain hat")

CHr_Adv.jpg

Today - (modern) Borsalino Beaver

Borsalino.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Lookin' sharp in both of those Mr Clark.

We all seem to have particular hats we prefer to handle the rain. For me, it's the one with the widest brim to keep the rain off my glasses, so my Open Road is ideal. But why is the Christys in particular your rain hat?

GClark

One of the Regulars
Ephraim Tutt said:
Lookin' sharp in both of those Mr Clark.

We all seem to have particular hats we prefer to handle the rain. For me, it's the one with the widest brim to keep the rain off my glasses, so my Open Road is ideal. But why is the Christys in particular your rain hat?

Well - I got caught in a St Patty's day Parade downpour for several hours in it, and it held up well, so it just evolved that way.

It's not my nicest hat, but it looks fine, and I can throw it on without really worrying about it much...

GC

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
11 pm already here. Cheers, having a Baird microbrew, a locally brewed beer in my VS - Enjoy your day, those in the west...

November2009329.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
GC, I have to say I like the Christy's better. BTW, it is curious you consider this your "rain hat" when these hats are frequently denostated because, supposedly, they taper easily.
Gene and DGuy, great "action" shots -and great hats too! :)

GClark

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
GC, I have to say I like the Christy's better. BTW, it is curious you consider this your "rain hat" when these hats are frequently denostated because, supposedly, they taper easily.
Gene and DGuy, great "action" shots -and great hats too! :)

Torpedo,

It may have shrunk just a bit, and tapered very slightly, but I have not noticed any change in the last several times "wet"

Here is a shot I just took - not much taper evident.

IMG_0379.jpg

GClark

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
This one is from Friday. As you see, I am not really endorsing the "casual friday" custom... ;) Hat is a 50's Stetson "Twenty" with a 30's style crease.

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0865b.jpg

Really nice look Torpedo!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Mid-40's Royal Stetson DeLuxe Flagship (Sage)...

Flagship.jpg

.../QUOTE]

Nice GreenShip, Mr. Lid - or is it Mr. No Eyed Jack? ;) :eusa_clap

Torpedo: That crease strikes me more teens or early '20s but what do I know. Call it timeless. Your usual style can fit into any decade.

Garrett: Lookingk good. Vwell done!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Wore my TonyB to and fro today. That is still my daily 'to work' hat and continues to take a beating with just the occassional brushing.
diswheeler002.jpg

Looks like TonyB does good work, Bart.

Who made the Fedora? :rolleyes:

:p :p :p

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
Looks like TonyB does good work, Bart.

Who made the Fedora? :rolleyes:

:p :p :p

Thanks...Not sure how to interpret the sarcastic eye roll face thingy but TonyB is a member here and makes hats under the company name Tumwater Hat Company and he is a real nice guy and makes a sturdy hat.

billysmom

One Too Many
Outstanding hats, all!

Torpedo - glad you're holding to standards against "Casual Friday" sloth.

jtl - That's a wonderful sage!

HB - Great looking work hat and nice fedora, too :p

Garrett - nice change of pace, although I prefer your limitless parade of Borsos.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana