Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Well I can't seem to get rid of this one so, heck, I'll wear it. :p
DSC_0003-1.jpg

Don't know your head size, Gene, but if that's a 7 or 7 1/8, I'll be HAPPY to take it off your hands for you! :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Gutshot said:
Dunno why you'd want to get rid of it in the first place... it looks good on ya :D

Thanks, pal. I'm not dying to unload it - it is a great hat. I just find that I don't give this one much play so every now and then I hint around to see if there's someone who would love it more than I do. If that works out, cool. If it stays here with me, that's cool too. :)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inspired by Rusty and his little buddy, Sam, last weekend, I wore my mid brown Camp Draft today. It's been raining here for 40 days and 40 nights or so it seems, and the CD takes to the rain so well. ;)

IMG_0095.jpg

BobC

jimmy the lid said:
Just by chance, does Rusty's little buddy Sam happen to be a brewer and a patriot? :D

lol lol lol I think you have the wrong Sam in mind, but, who knows, this one may one day be both of those.

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:
Inspired by Rusty and his little buddy, Sam, last weekend, I wore my mid brown Camp Draft today. It's been raining here for 40 days and 40 nights or so it seems, and the CD takes to the rain so well. ;)

IMG_0095.jpg

Looking good Bob! Perfect crease.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Dare I don the stingy?

Yep - forgive me Mr P. It's Casual Friday so I went for a casual lid.

In my hunt for a grey fedora I picked up this Stetson Royal Deluxe Springaire stingy. So called I suppose because the lighter felt is good for spring wear (and it is spring here!). The pug is black with red, blue, red, white and yellow dots. It came with an oval crease and no pinches which lacked any personality. So I added a teardrop and pinches and it seems to work.

As for age, the only clue is the $13.95 price tag under the sweat which I think places it in the early 60's or maybe late 50's for a royal deluxe. I do recall seeing a Stetson Springaire ad from the 50's. We do know that the retailer, 'Bartels the Hoosier Store, Richmond Indiana' was a local institution that closed its doors in 1968 having traded since 1900.

Sadly, it's not a broad brim, so the hunt for a grey 'real' fedora continues.

Brim: 1 6/8"
Ribbon width: 1 6/8"
Sweat: 1 5/8"
Crown: 4 1/8 creased
Brim binding: Stitched overwelt

SDC10369.jpg
SDC10371.jpg
SDC10372.jpg
SDC10375.jpg

cptjeff

Practically Family
Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep - forgive me Mr P. It's Casual Friday so I went for a casual lid.

In my hunt for a grey fedora I picked up this Stetson Royal Deluxe Springaire stingy. So called I suppose because the lighter felt is good for spring wear (and it is spring here!). The pug is black with red, blue, red, white and yellow dots. It came with an oval crease and no pinches which lacked any personality. So I added a teardrop and pinches and it seems to work.

As for age, the only clue is the $13.95 price tag under the sweat which I think places it in the early 60's or maybe late 50's for a royal deluxe. We do know that the retailer, 'Bartels the Hoosier Store, Richmond Indiana' was a local institution that closed its doors in 1968 having traded since 1900.

Sadly, it's not a broad brim, so the hunt for a grey 'real' fedora continues.

Brim: 1 6/8"
Ribbon width: 1 6/8"
Sweat: 1 5/8"
Crown: 4 1/8 creased
Brim binding: Stitched overwelt

SDC10375.jpg
That's a beauty to me. Nothing wrong with a good stingy, and that's a great one. Perfect color and great band.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
cptjeff said:
That's a beauty to me. Nothing wrong with a good stingy, and that's a great one. Perfect color and great band.

Many thanks Jeff and Daiza. I think our fellow Loungers would agree with you Jeff, but some simply feel that my shaped melon is best complemented by a broader brim.

And I do tend to agree with them - most days.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
:arated:

On a sidenote: I like the proportions of this one better than those of the Churchill...

I'm fond of that Churchill, Mario! Though with summer approaching it's beaver is a tad warm. So it may be rested for a while.

Here's another take on the Springaire

SDC10378.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot