Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Garrett said:
IMG_3193.jpg

That, Garrett, is one helluva nice lid.:eusa_clap

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Been a long time since I posted. Thought I'd show off my East Coast look, now that we've moved. For some reason, in the East I can pull off wider brims/higher crowns that I did when living in Cali. Go figure!
Photo45.jpg

Borso beater I've been living in for weeks now.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
redhawks2 said:
Just got this Stetson Imperial back from Art who flanged the brim and did a light cleaning. I went with a Hollywood brim which works quite will with this thin, pliable felt.
animperial001.jpg

Go Redhawks2! That is a great look; from Connery to Capone!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
It's a 'welded seam' meaning it's taped from behind. Oh, and this evening as I was fiddling with the hat and checking under the sweat band I noticed that this is one of those types that is buttoned into the hat. Five wafer thin buttons inside the crown attach through eyelets in material behind the sweat band. I guess this facilitates removal so the hat can be more easily rolled. Maybe Warner & Co. was the maker of this gimmick and not of the hat itself.

I haven't heard of the button sweat before. Thats a novelty!

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Whew!!!

Got some work to do here at home so will be wearing the reclaimed Smithbilt western and when I head to the city later will switch to the stretched Akubra Stockman.
All I can say about the postings over the last few days is "Whew!!!", every one's a winner! To start and individually comment I would be here all day and fill a full page!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Rock on folks,
Scooter

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Jimmy, that is INCREDIBLE! That ribbon is really black; what a standout! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. P, Mario, Sue -- many thanks for the nice comments! Mr. P, you're right, the ribbon really is a jet black against what I would describe as a taupe felt.

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana