Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billysmom

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
A silhouette of a Vintage Silhouette!

November2009055.jpg

Lovely image, Daizawaguy! Thanks.

Sue

Torpedo

One Too Many
Today, back to suits... and back to my VS blue beauty. This hat fits handsomely with a good number of outfits, it works finely with this blue-grey suit; I chose a red tie, red pocket square and red cuff links to go along with the ribbon's red accent.

DSC_0863.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wow.

Mario, Douglas, D-Guy, GClark, Torpedo... Very, very good fedoras, get-ups and photos. Dundee, I dig that full cap! Still haven't found one with the panels for myself.

---------------------

My 'Stratoliner(?)' thanks you for the great reaction it received. I've posted this one several times over the last year or so. I go to this hat fairly often. Although it is very muted, the color is even a little more red/plum than the pix show which makes it better in person (sorry, just had to rub it in a little lol ). The ribbon and trim are charcoal grey. Weird and wonderful combination. Gclark's Dobbs Twenty seems to share the same scheme. I have one like that too, but it was private labeled for a Men's Store in Memphis, still it's Dobbs-ness is obvious.

Torpedo

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
Wow.

Although it is very muted, the color is even a little more red/plum than the pix show which makes it better in person (sorry, just had to rub it in a little lol ). "

You are a nasty little man. We will be keeping an eye on you ;) .

ShiningTwins.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I usually make it 'Western Wednesday' but I just wasn't feelin' it. This is an odd, but nicely made old Warner & Co. fedora. No liner or printing of any kind on the sweat band - only the little metal badge at the back seam. [huh] It's good, lightweight felt with plenty of crown and a very tidy Cavanagh style edge on a generous brim. I forget how I got it - I think it came cheap as part of a two or three hat lot. It dry shapes any way I want and easily bounces back after being rolled up and packed for travel. :)

DSC_0004.jpg

2f00_1.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
That's what I call the color and I believe the hat to be a Strat' but it could be some other maker's clone. Here's the thing: I bought it in an already refurbished state (see photos below) but that service had obviously been done years ago. I think "JayBee" was a brand name for John B. Stetson refurbishing at the time. This hat really has the quality and feel of the real thing but the original sweat and liner are long gone. [huh]

DSC_0055.jpg

Very cool hat, except that ribbon's kind of thin ;)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
lol That oughtta' get 'em goin'. Maybe I should start snipping away thin ribbons as my next hobby...

Put some eyelets in for breathability while you're at it! ;)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
I usually make it 'Western Wednesday' but I just wasn't feelin' it. This is an odd, but nicely made old Warner & Co. fedora. No liner or printing of any kind on the sweat band - only the little metal badge at the back seam. [huh] It's good, lightweight felt with plenty of crown and a very tidy Cavanagh style edge on a generous brim. I forget how I got it - I think it came cheap as part of a two or three hat lot. It dry shapes any way I want and easily bounces back after being rolled up and packed for travel. :)

2f00_1.jpg

Nice one Gene, great wide brim. Is the back seam of the sweat taped instead of stitched, or is it not secured?

billysmom

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:

DSC_0004.jpg

Nice versatile lid for days when you don't know quite what you want ... :)

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner