Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Not meaning to overdo it in posting the same pictures of my latest Resistol 3X conversion. My Costner inspired Open Range hat. I have more pictures posted in The Conversion Corral and in Western Anyone threads. I'm still not done with it yet. I have to figure out a hat band for it...

Open_Range_8.jpg

Earlier this morning after I set the crease and shaped the brim. Letting it dry...
Open_Range_5.jpg

Some Johnny Cash

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
It would be worth it to have someone to talk hats with, my wife is not interested.

Priceless!
Hat geeks unite!

You could start a flophouse for hat freaks. If Mrs. Red thinks she has fun with just your hat weirdness, just think of the joy she could have with a house full of hat talk!
Great hat and coat and a wonderful gesture from @Redfokker. Cheers to Matt and Mike on this one.
Thanks Richard.
Fantastic! @Redfokker too. Got look great, and Mike's generosity is remarkable.
Thanks Tuk.
That tie-dye and bear combo might be enough to resurrect Jerry... :D
Thanks Moe.
Greetings Matt, Red et al:
Amen is all that can be said. B
Indeed.
Hey all!
Brent "The Airlite" up top today.

62c8dc9b79c3b0dcbb6696b46087797a.jpg
cdfbea9f45ce52fb96335a405ef0c66a.jpg
a6b8f3ad029524aacbc563d2802f87cd.jpg
038f62c16e46e753a64ae64831f19ac0.jpg
b95719ea7c584949fc2d9bbead2ae749.jpg

Have a great day!

Powered by happy thoughts
Great looking hat.
That's the plan! I figure the notes are for me as much as the next reader.
Ok... I gotta ask... What's the book?
I had to do a double take on the picture. For a second there, I thought it said, Huggy Beer. I could hug onto one right about now.
Hahaha! I used to spend a lot of time doing the Huggy Beer thing. Sadly, that often led to my to doing the Huggy Toilet thing in the wee hours of the following morning.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Not meaning to overdo it in posting the same pictures of my latest Resistol 3X conversion. My Costner inspired Open Range hat. I have more pictures posted in The Conversion Corral and in Western Anyone threads. I'm still not done with it yet. I have to figure out a hat band for it...

Open_Range_8.jpg

Earlier this morning after I set the crease and shaped the brim. Letting it dry...
Open_Range_5.jpg

Some Johnny Cash

You can never post too many shots of your work Terry. That thing is a stunner. I can't wait to see what you choose for the band.

View attachment 111855 New Premier Stratoliner. I wonder, should the crown be taller?
I agree with the group, It looks good on you. Doubt you will get much more crown height out of that body though. Pinches are your friend.

Stetson New York

5d638cd2a977d2345b69dc1a88dfe774.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet looking Stetson Brent. Love the pinch work you got there!

Hey all!
Brent "The Airlite" up top today.

cdfbea9f45ce52fb96335a405ef0c66a.jpg

Have a great day!
Powered by happy thoughts
The Brent looks good in the sunshine!

Yesterday, Akubra Coober Pedy in Black
ecd4d89ebee5ada0836d8aa45ef4b843.jpg

Sent from my ALP-L09 using Tapatalk
Perfect hat for the sunny day Rodolfo. And I need to ask...that Eiserne Kreuz...original?

View attachment 111885 View attachment 111886 View attachment 111887 View attachment 111888 Greetings All:
Today it’s the Wonky Disney Camel Hair again with it’s ever evolving self. I bent down and banged the brim up, so it stays. Made me think of Bob. This is my fun hat as evidenced by the “Double Diamond” crease. Ha
As always, thanks for the recent kind words.
Be well. Bowen
The variety of creases during the 40s and 50s never ceases to amaze. This one is truly original Bowen. I dig it.

Hat I missed identified a year ago or so as a Lamont. It is in fact a “Dega” by Stetson. Whatever I like this one.
d6069fbb4f58ee9ef3e472e63422923f.jpg
6c3816c940001f6ebbe6943c87ffc322.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Dega", interesting...love the ribbon treatment.

Open_Range_8.jpg

Open_Range_5.jpg

Some Johnny Cash
Impressive western Terry. May the swoop be with you!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I agree with the group, It looks good on you. Doubt you will get much more crown height out of that body though. Pinches are your friend.

Perfect hat for the sunny day Rodolfo. And I need to ask...that Eiserne Kreuz...original?

The variety of creases during the 40s and 50s never ceases to amaze. This one is truly original Bowen. I dig it.

Ha! Thank you buddy!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hat geeks unite!

You could start a flophouse for hat freaks. If Mrs. Red thinks she has fun with just your hat weirdness, just think of the joy she could have with a house full of hat talk!Thanks Richard. Thanks Tuk. Thanks Moe. Indeed. Great looking hat. Ok... I gotta ask... What's the book? Hahaha! I used to spend a lot of time doing the Huggy Beer thing. Sadly, that often led to my to doing the Huggy Toilet thing in the wee hours of the following morning.
Thanks mmb!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

Thanks Mike!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Yes it is the real deal Michael

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hat geeks unite!

You could start a flophouse for hat freaks. If Mrs. Red thinks she has fun with just your hat weirdness, just think of the joy she could have with a house full of hat talk!Thanks Richard. Thanks Tuk. Thanks Moe. Indeed. Great looking hat. Ok... I gotta ask... What's the book? Hahaha! I used to spend a lot of time doing the Huggy Beer thing. Sadly, that often led to my to doing the Huggy Toilet thing in the wee hours of the following morning.
It's my Bible

Been hold up in the house most of the weekend, but got out on the deck to BBQ some sausages from the German Deli during a break in the rain. This Mayser came via Stefan, but it is way bigger than it's stated size of 59cm. I would guess it is in the 61-62 range. You can see the 1/4" gap in one photo. Large Melon alert!!!! I'm up for a trade to someone who can wear this beauty. It has all the German bells and whistles, wonderful felt, shark's gill and nice brim binding. It is black, photos always make them look navy. Shoot me a PM if it will fit your gigantic noggin.

25Mar18 Mayser side 2.jpg
25Mar18 Mayser crown.jpg
25Mar18 Mayser gap.jpg
27Feb18 Mayser Berlin too big.jpg
25Mar18 Mayser liner.jpg

VS Custom "honeyboy" for services this morning. A lot of compliments received. I posted a couple more pics in the VS thread.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...-hats-official-affiliate-thread.71408/page-54
View attachment 111919
That is gorgeous Bill, I really like it! What color name is that?

From the other day, and today.
tan - 1900s Stetson premier quality that i wore to see the one and only Buddy Guy

today, this silver/grey 1900s Stetson exposition while walking around Virginia City. Love this place
a584f0ac4b0c6d85f3b1eccc472a0895.jpg
3574bb088ad419c347fafebe55bd6cf9.jpg
6383cc9018d6ca9b21d432e6111646af.jpg
95ee7f052e950b236ca4df27a772838e.jpg
71969cb22052d843d036f43b9b54cc18.jpg
84dc348000a903959992624cac13e521.jpg
d2181c9612ea93e010610adf79d95a54.jpg
ca59ac03aac369cc95ff92173e28c35e.jpg
Haven't been to Virginia City in many years, need a road trip. The finish on that grey Stetson is to die for! Very nice Justin.

Yes it is the real deal Michael
Wow! I would expect nothing less from you.

Looooooong Bike ride today..

Pith Helmeth, USAF officer badge, Vietnam era, Polish Special Forces badge on the side...
7e5dee9719684609ecc10a3cc87d1938.jpg
09a00a53f817c6323e94e7e19055d488.jpg
afadd4dccfd944aea8d8539e9b2db339.jpg
7591585e5d45e9f8fb9bb5c032191ee6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You rock a Pith sir! Great badges.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
That is gorgeous Bill, I really like it! What color name is that?

Haven't been to Virginia City in many years, need a road trip. The finish on that grey Stetson is to die for! Very nice Justin.

Wow! I would expect nothing less from you.

You rock a Pith sir! Great badges.
Thank you my friend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran