Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My man Bowen! Tell us about those boots please and more photos?
Hey hey Yahoody, you’re back! Missed hearing from you. Glad you are all healed up i hope.
Ha, the boots, ok. If you want to see some really nice ones look at Fabiovenhorst’s post yesterday, pg.8442. Mine are just Staffords. I’ll post em in the Western thread with a hat you might like here soon.
Super duper hats all.
Be well. Bowen

Happy now @moehawk ?
6f79ff716f47f6047ab37ac16073c4ae.jpg
507983ea7d7fffc08101561e367d48c3.jpg
045b11379729ca2c0d607811e3b16357.jpg
80ae54ff250f1aa4c5861f76839f441b.jpg
ccb949bfe4142ff6284555a528438fa9.jpg
d6740ee05ba1d74af327dcd4ce63d41d.jpg
a71c5455ee827d727cbf256e93e1fc7f.jpg

Cavanagh lord's hat with peacock feather band that Moe MADE me buy on Monday. The heathered felt really is surprisingly nice for a later model. And the band... well
... it speaks for itself.
Another stunning example of a disco era Cavanagh. I do love the furry finish and that peacock band must have been an upgrade. It is interesting that the form of this one is very, very similar to the Huggy Bear, only furry. Nice, you own this look Matt.

Fantastic hat, Greg.

Thank you, Matt.

So nice...
Congrats Greg!

Thanks, Bob. I'm enjoying this one.

That crease looks nice on that fine Churchill. Those boots are killer!
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you, Dd. Think I'll leave the crease where it is for now. The kid calls em my purple boots.

Thats gorgeous Greg!
Get your feet off the bumper! Were you raised in a barn? [emoji14]

Appreciate it, Harv. I'll get my feet off the bumper. I wasn't raised in a barn but have spent considerable time in them.

Very nice!

Thanks, Rog. Hope you, the missus and the baby are well.

Right up there Bama, right up there!
And the boots, sweet!
Be well. Bowen

Thank you, Bowen. Every piece you've been posting is killer.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Another stunning example of a disco era Cavanagh. I do love the furry finish and that peacock band must have been an upgrade. It is interesting that the form of this one is very, very similar to the Huggy Bear, only furry. Nice, you own this look Matt.
Thanks Mike. Both it and Huggy Bear are very neat hats with their own... er... "style".

It's interesting to me that Cavanagh seems to have been Hatco's branding choice for this type of hat. At least, I have not yet seen any examples of the form under the Knox or Dobbs names, for example. I wonder if that is correct, and if so, if there was market research to support that decision.
Thanks Matt. I think I see a corner ahead on the flu, just not sure how soon I will get there. Moving kind of slowly these days.

That is sweet. Love that long hair felt and that brim shape is super.

Michael
Thanks Michael.

I hope that the corner is right in front of you.
Great hat. Def one of a kind.
I know a guy with a jacket.....
Just sayin..
Be well. Bowen
Thanks Bowen.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, Matt.

Thanks, Bob. I'm enjoying this one.

Thank you, Dd. Think I'll leave the crease where it is for now. The kid calls em my purple boots.

Appreciate it, Harv. I'll get my feet off the bumper. I wasn't raised in a barn but have spent considerable time in them.

Thanks, Rog. Hope you, the missus and the baby are well.

Thank you, Bowen. Every piece you've been posting is killer.
Thanks Greg. We're doing awesome.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
eq8i8j.jpg

I'm a little bit boring, I present another "French in gray"
263ew53.jpg

It is a Flechet Pilote with a form here, on the lounge, called "Lord"
npoton.jpg

The shade of gray is one of the thousand that are present on the ancient European hats market, especially the French ones
2nhgjuh.jpg

The felt is very soft with a finishing with a very soft very short hair
25a1bsy.jpg

The brim is overwelted. The lining is bicolor in black and white with "Flechet" brand in red
6fr4g0.jpg

Very comfortable to wear is an atypical hat in my collection, but I have other French in the same shape
2zzrxxd.jpg

I believe it goes back to the fifties
15dubrp.jpg

Many thanks for your likes and at the same time I will give you all my warmest congratulations for your magnificent hats.

Clean machine Bob.

Thanks Mike. Both it and Huggy Bear are very neat hats with their own... er... "style".

It's interesting to me that Cavanagh seems to have been Hatco's branding choice for this type of hat. At least, I have not yet seen any examples of the form under the Knox or Dobbs names, for example. I wonder if that is correct, and if so, if there was market research to support that decision. Thanks Michael.
I also wonder if there was advertising showing these hats? I have not looked. Probably a full page in Playboy, June 1971! I think I had one of these hidden under my bed back in the day...

5386c1c6a37613265e2b69a71109d6dc.jpg

Royal deluxe
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic Perry. Cool shirt as usual.

eq8i8j.jpg

I'm a little bit boring, I present another "French in gray"
263ew53.jpg

It is a Flechet Pilote with a form here, on the lounge, called "Lord"
npoton.jpg

The shade of gray is one of the thousand that are present on the ancient European hats market, especially the French ones
2nhgjuh.jpg

The felt is very soft with a finishing with a very soft very short hair
25a1bsy.jpg

The brim is overwelted. The lining is bicolor in black and white with "Flechet" brand in red
6fr4g0.jpg

Very comfortable to wear is an atypical hat in my collection, but I have other French in the same shape
2zzrxxd.jpg

I believe it goes back to the fifties
15dubrp.jpg

Many thanks for your likes and at the same time I will give you all my warmest congratulations for your magnificent hats.
Another great French hat Daniele, I'm really enjoying these. Love the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails