Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
Today I wore this Whippet to work.

tanwhippet.jpg

hpim1948.jpg

Is the ribbon on that one light grey? That whippet is a stunner.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
Wow! This thread is going crazy with cool stylish hats! :eusa_clap

ScottF! Man, you really know how to get a hat on! That one is a knock out strike both for the historical period it came from and for today! :eusa_clap

I just put a drying Campdraft to bed after some brim games sporting just such a squeeze on the front brim. A Squatter goes good with that sort of brim too. ;)

Today I wore this Whippet to work.

tanwhippet.jpg

That's a great Whippet. I've only landed one from the bay, and it had to be thrown back because it exceeded the size limit.

I've been looking at Squatters lately - I'll have to go take another look with the non-snapped brim in mind.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
High Pockets said:
I know that compliments fly around here like crows in the fall regardless of whether or not the hat looks good on the person or not, but I gotta tell ya Scott,.....that may be one of the coolest hats I've ever seen.

Yep. Scott that is fantastic!

illumin8em

A-List Customer
this is very nice look

Atticus Finch said:
A recent thread discussing Dallas PD officers wearing San Antonios in 1963 has rekindled my interest in Resistols. Today, I’m wearing this Waco...one of my two Resistol OR clones. I bought it from a forum member this past summer.

Geoffshats009-3.jpg

AF

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
Soft, bound-brim 1920's Stetson western. Similar brim dimensions to an Open Road, but different block - taller, flat top.

My favorite hat:

Scott, I would be proud of that one too. It is very interesting and looks great. I like it!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
How true is that. It is only once in a long while that I see a hat I don't care for on here and we see new ones daily. I think we may all be hat nuts :D

Count me in, I am definitely a hat nut and its all TFL's fault. I was perfectly happy with my western ORs and then....."BANG-ZOOM-POW; right in the kisser!" as Jackie Gleason would say.

RBH

Bartender
Thanks everyone!
And come to think of it Scott, I needed a bullwhip for the crowds at the mall! lol

Mario said:
Beautiful hat, Rusty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

But tell me: don't you feel some kind of ghost pain now that that fabolous Stratoliner left your noggin? ;) :D

Dont worry Mario, I plan to be 'air minded' today and give that Stratoliner for wear time. :D

GClark

One of the Regulars
Scott Wood said:
That is an amazing black. That actually matches my vision of the perfect hat for black-tie wear... KUDOS:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Thanks Scott - nice of you to say. I have been trying to find the "right for me" bash for this one, and I think I have settled on this one.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
tanwhippet.jpg
/QUOTE]

I have yet to see a Whippet that isn't striking but this one has such unusual coloring....
WOW!!!!

With the number of really well preserved Whippets around I have to think the original purchasers must have known they were special and took very good care of them and wore them for special occasions.

Tone

A-List Customer
High Pockets said:
I know that compliments fly around here like crows in the fall regardless of whether or not the hat looks good on the person or not, but I gotta tell ya Scott,.....that may be one of the coolest hats I've ever seen.

:arated:

StetsonNo1x2.jpg

That hat has some serious "It" going on. Like the style!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
It has some mean green in it. Call it Olive Grey...

It really takes a poet to describe the color of a Whippet....

Fantastic Whippet, CRH. That color scheme is quite uncommon, I think. You've got yourself a unique vintage lid there! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit