Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No Dman. I can't read the logo on the liner and the old perferated sweatband only said Temple hats so I am only speculating that it is in fact a Temple. It is a really comfortable hat though and one of my keepers. I am trying to collect some hats of this style in various colors that will be used with the brim turned up with a center crease and no pinch. I may steam out the brim on this Wormser and wear it with the brim up turned. It seems to be a good canidate.

deelovely

Practically Family
Today was my vintage Champ

PA260007.jpg
PA260011.jpg

bolthead

Love that Wormser Douglas, great color. I let one slip through my fingers a couple of months ago before I knew anything about them. I'm sorry today that I did. I've been looking for another one on OFAS ever since. I seen 2 since then,but not my size. It looks great on you.

DOUGLAS

Great hat Tom!!! I wish I could get mine to shape up like yours. I love that strait walled crown. Fine color too.

Marty, I can hold a pose for a long ,long time. I am very good at the dead stare and am rarely beaten;)

Beatiful hat Betty. You have a most wonderfully grand collection.

Vintage Betty

DOUGLAS said:
<snip>

Beatiful hat Betty. You have a most wonderfully grand collection.

Mr. Douglas! :eek: I'm flattered coming from so distinguished a hat collector as you!

The picture of me is horrible, but it's the only one that came out. The hat, however, looks pretty good. I'm sure I'll be wearing it again, so I'll try to get a better picture of me, and a larger picture of the hat. It's certainly something that isn't seen every day and bears a second look for all the handiwork from a great millliner. What you can't see is that the milliner was smart enough to punch tiny holes where the ears are, so you can hear through the hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wore my black stetson standard quality cowboy hat.
Rich blue bow in the back of the sweatband, like on my early '30s stetson airlight. Lots of detail to the sweatband imprints.

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

click the thumbnails

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Sometime between '36 and '40, I'd bet. It looks '30s to me from the sweatband, but the store it was sold at only opened in '36.
It's very thin, like '30s dress felts, but it has more stiffness to it, especially in the brim.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman, That black Stetson is a marvel. Can you believe the sweatband says "STANDARD QUALITY?" I have a brown Homburg Standard Quality, and it is a finer felt than any of my other Homburgs. (Finer than most hats, period!). You matched it up with the perfect suit, too. Well done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Jerekson

One Too Many
indycop said:
Today is my Jaxon "again" and Dee's Ritz.

PA280025.jpg

You know, as much as I am not in favor of pre-shaped, tapered crowns...

That hat looks really awesome. There's something about it that just looks...great.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Indy & Dee - Dee-lightful! Come on, though, Indy, a smile won't kill ya! Or will it?

Alan & JT - Fan-freakin'-tastic! I love that Faulkner! I want one! I want one NOW!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jerekson said:
You know, as much as I am not in favor of pre-shaped, tapered crowns...

That hat looks really awesome. There's something about it that just looks...great.
It must be the guy under it!lol Just kidding, but it is very soft and comfortable for only $68!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR