Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 116504
O'Farrell silver belly this morning.
Great looking hat Bob.

Early morning dog walk in a Gannon Wanderer (silverbelly felt with charcoal ribbon treatment). The early sun fells good.

i-wmNmrfh-M.jpg

i-B4h9xwD-M.jpg

i-cJDN7G9-M.jpg

Outside chores started in a Gannon Wanderer (bone felt with sage accent in matching ribbon treatment).

i-PmVRPKP-M.jpg

i-g8C4VdC-M.jpg

i-pZLDz4x-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Two outstanding Gannons Eric. It is nice how the charcoal ribbon works with the tones of a silver belly. Have to file that one away.

There's a dip in the spring weather today, so it's jacket and Campdraft day. I've been steaming and shaping again, and this time added a paracord hatband to see how it looks.

View attachment 116518
Very showy Fred, you are giving that CD a real workout. They can take it though.

Stetson “Kashmir Finish”.

7a1f52b2516c8d1e24b161d1fb985aae.jpg

04333c3b03338e52c33615bd9396bd55.jpg
That color of ribbon is really nice, is it a bronze or the green it appears on my monitor? Love that color.

A Sears hat today.
DSCN0602 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0601 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN0603 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
4-29-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Sunday all,
Michael
Cool ribbon on that Sears. Is it marked Sears or their store brand (I forget, Pilgrim?) Nice look in the sunshine.

Fun week of CD release shows gave me good cause to wear not only my early 90s club shirts, but some fun headgear too! Falcon Park Virtuoso, and this Limpia Creek black western. Limpia Creek also worn this morning for coffee and bacon...

bdb217782332f509ba47e3a447d2c322.jpg

4e1381dec510f345fe044510e272ee96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mmmmmmm! Bacon! Virtuoso is a perfect name for a hat on your head.

Day started with a Resistol back bow stingy:
82f835d2a4a42be107926d0e7da28f57.jpg

By late morning I needed more sun protection and an Akubra County Club filled in:

8cf29695ddeafdf8d5afff5decfd0768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice Brent. Luv me sum back bow action. The weave on that straw looks so nice and airy around the ribbon area.

View attachment 116566 View attachment 116567 View attachment 116568 View attachment 116569 View attachment 116570 Greetings All:
Today it’s a not often seen around here brand.
A Churchill Beaver 50. One could go on and on about the felt of these underrated hats. I’ll just say “I dig it”. Thanks Vic. Still lookin for the 100. Ha
Thanks as always the kind words.
Be well. Bowen
That Fifty is a stunner Bowen. I like the crease you have there.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Aristocrat back bow c1958 today. Trying to get the "closet collection" some wear before the weather turns. Love the felt on this one, very smooth. The ribbon still has the basting stitches from the retailer, like new!

View attachment 116571 View attachment 116573 View attachment 116574
Nice looking back bow Red. Wear them while you can. Sounds like it will be straw weather here starting tomorrow.

Interesting ribbon, Michael, it's hard to see something like this here in Brazil.
I don't think they are that common here either. My feeling is that it was a bit of a fad in the early '60s.

Cool ribbon on that Sears. Is it marked Sears or their store brand (I forget, Pilgrim?) Nice look in the sunshine.
Thanks Red. I don't think I have an interior photo handy, but it just says Sears in caps and then Sears, Roebuck Co. And also Cushion Comfort on the sweat.

Thanks all,
Michael

Interesting colors :)

That color of ribbon is really nice, is it a bronze or the green it appears on my monitor? Love that color.

Thanks fellas! The ribbon is the green you see in the photos.

Our 35th anniversary celebration has moved around town with a variety of food and libations as the day progressed. Back home and now relaxing in a Dorfman Geniune Raffia. Contemplating another cocktail and possibly a “sick day” tomorrow. :rolleyes:

9D979A51-2F37-4462-A01C-48A32556EF3C.jpeg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Here's a Stagecoach I haven't quite finished yet. This one started out as a 7 1/8 which was way too small for me. I took it apart and sized it up to a 7 1/4. Unfortunately I lost a little brim width which has me bummed out. I wanted to try and maintain its original 4 inch width but it didn't turn out that way. The crown was even lowered too. Anyway, regardless, the brim width to crown height ratio is spot on and the crease and brim curl turned out nice. I just don't know if it looks right on me with the narrower brim. If I'm keeping a hat Western I want the brims to be at least 4 inches wide. I still haven't decided on a hat band yet. The picture with me wearing the hat only has a temporary hat band. It's not sewn on. I'll have more in the Conversion Corral when I finish it....

Stagecoach_Montana_8.jpg

Stagecoach_Montana_10.jpg
Stagecoach_Montana_11.jpg

Stagecoach_Montana_12.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
A super fine day. Optimum conditions for this Optimo Superfino that wears well it's battle scars from a trip through Goodwill as well as the broken brim that I'm guessing got it into the donation box in the first place.

e7f0c62d9e53987a463ba17d9344658e.jpg
9e75ca24296946dd3a074f2385a29f20.jpg
2a91f3d57cc408df682c309cdacb6b2f.jpg

For some reason I couldn't seem get the hat in the frame...finally gave up. Maybe better luck tomorrow. :)
Have a great day!