Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
The bow is nice as well. I forgot to post that pic
0087aa9b7046898bf200e207cb450189.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I asked both Brent and Steur if they have handled both am Optimo Silverbelly and an excellent pre-WWII felt, and neither has handled the Optimo Silverbelly.
Can anyone here compare the two?
I cannot imagine a felt softer or more supple than my Silverbelly, and if there is one, I would like to have it.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

One of my favourites…hopefully it will stay with me a little bit longer…It is a Stetson Cody made out of canvas, slowly fading away. A good companion that also traveled along with me to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. I tried to google "Stetson Cody" but was not successful in the last years. Couldn't find one again. View attachment 120480 View attachment 120481
Now that's a world traveler with character! The hat's not bad either. ;) Welcome to The Lounge!

A place setting for the soldier that hasn't returned... and my VS Panama. God bless all that served and all that gave all they had for us and this country.

i-m8JGrL4-X2.jpg

That’s a wonderful tribute. I reminds me of setting a place for Elijah at Passover. I think I’ll try to make this a family tradition of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Jumping on the Milan bandwagon today, stingy style! This is one of my go-to straws for everyday wear. Dobbs "imported" Milan from the early 1960s. Still on the search for a true early 1950s wider brim Milan, summer dreams.

View attachment 120504 View attachment 120505 View attachment 120506
Great hat , Mike

Currently very much into these shorter brimmed Milans. Esther is making me one and I recently bought one from a member here. These hats give off a real effortless summer vibe!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening I donned a vtg.Stetson Bantam. Light blue-gray felt on this un-lined hat is very soft. A terrific warm weather hat.

i-KqmR5WP-M.jpg

My wife told me that the ribbon needs replacing on this hat. I have convinced her this is not a good idea. I made the argument that it should remain intact. Truth, I like the patina'd ribbon color both for its matured hue and for its perseverance.

i-wj6F4VF-M.jpg

i-6ZGMCtL-M.jpg

No shot this morning as a ball cap is my choice for moving 4 yards of mulch.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Mowing grass this morning wearing a cool Stetson 3x stingy selv-edge.Wearing it Brim up for our friend Bob.Left the hat how I found it with center crease no pinches(if it was good enough for James R Frazier)it's good enough for me.Anyway I started smelling gas,then it stalled.Long story short leak in gas tank.It's a old mower had it for 18 years,I've had to work on it a couple times to keep it going but it runs great.Found a gas tank for it,but wife talked me into getting a new mower.Guess I'll fix the old one and let it go.
qCry039.jpg
VUZ5UyK.jpg
c1NZxai.jpg
D6ToEMN.jpg
XU3uPvh.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Of all the straws, these coconut ones look the most "straw like". Nice to see it.
It does have a way of looking more straw like than straw. I like the color it takes on with age too.

Does my heart good to see your straws Michael. Seems like just a few weeks ago you guys were up to your 'nads in snow and ice. Now record heat, go figure!
I'd be happier if it was 20 degrees cooler here. Might be a toss up on 40 degrees cooler.

Jumping on the Milan bandwagon today, stingy style! This is one of my go-to straws for everyday wear. Dobbs "imported" Milan from the early 1960s. Still on the search for a true early 1950s wider brim Milan, summer dreams.

View attachment 120504 View attachment 120505 View attachment 120506
I like those old stingy brims. Great ribbon on that one too. They recently had a bunch of Milan from the same era at my favorite vintage store. Must have all been from the same person because they were all 6 3/4 and too small for me.

Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland