Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Really nice and the shoes too!
Thanks, cks.

Nice Panama Michael, stay cool!
I'm trying Red. Mostly stayed in the AC today. Wore the Sun Fari on a short bike ride. Kept my head cooler than the rest of me was.

Lovely straw, Michael. I like the sharp crease on that one.
Thanks Stefan. I can take no credit, it came with the sharp crease. I did have to do some other smoothing and reshaping, mostly to the brim

As @steur said, that's a great looking lid. The sharp crease definitely brings it out, but I personally love the ribbon you have on it.
Thanks, Bushman. That color of pug must have been popular on this hat as the other one I have has an almost identical color. The difference could be due solely to fading for all I know.

Classic summer look, Michael. Impeccable.
Thanks Stefan. Gotta go with the straw and seersucker a few times during the summer. At least a few, maybe many times this year.

Yesterday and today. Ecudorian supernatural first. I found that this hats' stiffness has the advantage that the brim is not in front of my eyes when riding a bicycle.

View attachment 120563

Today was the Dunlap panama.

View attachment 120564
A great looking pair of hats, Stefan. And a couple of great outfits to go with them. Must be cooler where you are than where I am. A jacket would do me in these days. At least until my body gets into full summer mode.

Thanks all,
Michael

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Mowing grass this morning wearing a cool Stetson 3x stingy selv-edge.Wearing it Brim up for our friend Bob.Left the hat how I found it with center crease no pinches(if it was good enough for James R Frazier)it's good enough for me.Anyway I started smelling gas,then it stalled.Long story short leak in gas tank.It's a old mower had it for 18 years,I've had to work on it a couple times to keep it going but it runs great.Found a gas tank for it,but wife talked me into getting a new mower.Guess I'll fix the old one and let it go.
qCry039.jpg
VUZ5UyK.jpg
c1NZxai.jpg
D6ToEMN.jpg
XU3uPvh.jpg
If it's as warm and sticky as it's been in my part of the state, you're a much braver man than I donning the fur. I'm heading to the Memorial Tournament on Wednesday and contemplating wearing my own seeing as it will be somewhat cooler and likely rain. I wouldn't mind getting my new Akubra wet, I just don't know if I can bear a day with it in the humidity. Good luck with the new mower!

DOGMAN

One Too Many
If it's as warm and sticky as it's been in my part of the state, you're a much braver man than I donning the fur. I'm heading to the Memorial Tournament on Wednesday and contemplating wearing my own seeing as it will be somewhat cooler and likely rain. I wouldn't mind getting my new Akubra wet, I just don't know if I can bear a day with it in the humidity. Good luck with the new mower!
Not brave,just love my fur felts.I'll wear them into the high 80's.Great to see another Ohio guy here.Gas tank on it's way.Going to fix the old mower,then put it out front for sale.It will be like saying goodby to a old friend.Thanks to everyone who liked my last couple of posts.

Hours of overnight rain brought a reasonably cool morning. Good for a Champ for a few hours at least.
DSCN1545 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1538 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
5-30-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good one,
Michael
Still cool enough in the mornings for a little felt-fix, life is good...

feb945904e00db2424222fc8b3f3ef2b.jpg

Panama Hats Direct
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dig that shirt Perry. Nice Panama.

The glorious 60'f morning has me wearing a felt fedora.

i-25RcgtL-M.jpg

This vtg. Stetson Stratoliner is a tan felt with a 2 7/8" brim. The hat kept the weather off my head this morning. It bears the marks of sprinkles and a couple of bumps from running into limbs.

i-Sf29rw9-M.jpg

i-mCD2mZB-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Mmmmmmm! morning Eric hat fix.
Yesterday and today. Ecudorian supernatural first. I found that this hats' stiffness has the advantage that the brim is not in front of my eyes when riding a bicycle.

View attachment 120563

Today was the Dunlap panama.

View attachment 120564
Two great looking straws Stefan. I agree about the brim on the Supernatural, could act as a sail though.

Wearing one of my own creations today. Resistol Stagecoach thin ribbon conversion. Tall straight crown. I'm also worn out from tons of yard work over the last few days. The chair feels good!
pictures of the hat from last year.....
Resistol_Silverbelly_Resize_8.jpg

Resistol_Silverbelly_Resize_9.jpg

Resistol_Silverbelly_Resize_10.jpg

Now for some relaxing tunes to chill by....
Check out the Hot Rods in this video
I just love your conversions Terry. The straight crowns and teardrops really floats my boat!

Cordova summer weight cap.

cc9873917a24f056b8cbefc2e5373b0d.jpg
58ed9bb6c4892399661dd20a30506acf.jpg

My Brando sucks
emoji14.png
Very studly Brando you got there Harv. Nice cap.

Forecasted to be the first day with triple digit temperatures. Toyo straw and dreaming of Autumn.

ca293efe35c14591843066e7949f8034.jpg

4f29ba2285db4b5390af76f1cc2b279b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice straw Brent. Toyo?

Gunsmoke Optimo Manhattan this evening
a9847ecbb56a3c6ba051dd445b548b73.jpg
f796d25a78e316b423cc49354bc04d86.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Very nice tone of gray Max. How wide is that brim? looks impressive.

Two great looking straws Stefan. I agree about the brim on the Supernatural, could act as a sail though.

I just love your conversions Terry. The straight crowns and teardrops really floats my boat!

Nice straw Brent. Toyo?

Thanks Mike

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Nice straw Brent. Toyo?

It is 2 3/4, Red

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart