Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here

hatguy1

One Too Many
Another of my Stagecoach conversions. This one has actually been converted by three different people, me being the last and the third person to rework this hat. Three different conversions and numerous reshapings. This hat's been through the roughs, for sure. Mine is the final conversion for this one....Tall straight crown, wider ribbon, and a 2 5/8 brim. Something different from the thin ribbons everyone is used to seeing me wear...

Brown_Stagecoach_Fedora_1.jpg

These pics are from this past Winter...
China_Conversion_4.jpg

China_Conversion_1.jpg

China_Conversion_3.jpg

China_Conversion_2.jpg

Some early Rock and Roll and Country...Bobby Darin, Connie Francis, Hank LocKlin

Pretty cool how each one has added their individual tastes to the hat's shape, style and flair. Pretty cool, mi amigo.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Pretty cool how each one has added their individual tastes to the hat's shape, style and flair. Pretty cool, mi amigo.
Thank you buddy. The hat actually went through three separate conversions with each person changing what the other did before. Like the other two, I took it apart and relocked it to a different block shape. I evened up the brim and reflanged it and put in a new sweat. This hat's definitely been through the roughs with the different conversions and multiple recreasings.

Been out of touch for the past couple of days, lots of busy wedding preparations, family visiting and running around.
Yesterday we spent a wonderful day at a family wedding in Washington. For church with my wife's 101 year old Grandfather, I wore a 1933 inspired NW Hats Stetson Playboy clone, the "Slats Gill". Grandpa "remembered seeing hats like this" For the garden wedding later in the day, my NW Hats Duplex. Perfect for a windy wedding!

Only in the Pacific Northwest would they dress up a cell tower to look like a fir tree!

3Jun18 Slats Gill 400x.jpg
3Jun18 Duplex 400x.jpg
3Jun18 Tree Cell Tower 600x.jpg

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Driving six hours north into Washington state for a family wedding. An outdoor garden wedding, so a fine straw is in order. My selection of hats for this trip are all NW Hats customs. I'm taking a couple of straws (Lt. Blue Duplex and Cuenca Straw) and the Slats Gill Playboy clone for evening dinners. The trip should be sunny and nice so I'll wear the Mike Miller straw with an OSU orange pug. I'll be venturing into WSU Cougar country, have to represent.

View attachment 120925 View attachment 120926 View attachment 120927
That's a killer trio you've got there, Mike. That should do the job.

Early morning dog walk in a vintage Knox Twenty. The glorious hued soft felt and signature edge treatment certainly give the hat a hint of luxury. The quality, design and build of the leather sweat has the hat wearing very light on the head.

i-8cSX9xV-M.jpg

i-QncGzch-M.jpg

i-LtwfV3T-M.jpg

i-cfMDKvs-M.jpg

After the walk I am going to sip my coffee by the lake. I have changed to a Cordova Cap in a medium weight wool. This "Quiet Man" styled cap is made with vintage wool with an appealing pattern.

i-s4Hj5XL-M.jpg

i-kL3QK3R-M.jpg

Best this morning, Eric -
That Knox is really something special, Eric. Gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran