Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spent the morning buying hats, watching the World Cup soccer games, and taking the family to vote in the Mexican presidential elections, which are undoubtedly the most important in the country's history. Everyone's voting this time. Depending on the results, I might go back to live in the US of A.

And tomorrow morning Mexico's soccer team will probably be massacred by the Brazilians, who've won the cup five times. Boy, am I nervous about both results.

Wearing my Classic Grey Optimo Manhattan. I realized I have neglected it lately.
e59f2d6f838fe835a9c2dcbdd0a67298.jpg
8cc583d66dc3f1f5a7ea3631f3b05b78.jpg
957b188fc802adb4aa0f2dce9a33f07a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Beautiful hat, as usual, Doc! We're concerned about the election, too. Best of luck in the World Cup and the election!

Tukwila

Great looking assortment of lids today, fellas. Makes me embarrassed to show my collection. It's hot here in Central Ohio today. Anyone familiar with Ohio weather will tell you that it's just not hot, but it's also humid, pushing up the heat index. Our 90s can feel like 100s. So check this out. I'm wearing a black hat on this hot muggy evening. This is one of my thin ribbon conversions. I converted this one from a Resistol 'Western'.

Black_Western_Resistol_1.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_9.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_13.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_14.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_7.jpg

Easy listenin' Rock A Billy!

Geeze, Terry, you have nothing to be embarrassed about on the hat collection front. I love your hats and your conversions!

Dlaniger

I would never be embarrassed to wear one of your hats! They are every bit the work of art as more expensive hats ! Plus the fun of doing it yourself, which is why I got into this. Sitting in the shade enjoying a cold one. It is starting to cool off.
a9376220ef7a04c1127c4cd5da3b6c2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You said it DD! I agree. I wish I could work a hat like Terry!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I would never be embarrassed to wear one of your hats! They are every bit the work of art as more expensive hats ! Plus the fun of doing it yourself, which is why I got into this. Sitting in the shade enjoying a cold one. It is starting to cool off.
a9376220ef7a04c1127c4cd5da3b6c2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thank you D dog. Stay safe from that heat and enjoy that cold one!

Oh, I've lived in the US for over ten years of my life. Four during my Prosthetics posgtgrad in the U of Illinois, and the rest practicing in Illinois and California. I would prefer to stay here to be with my best friends, but the US of America is still home and country to me. I have noticed most people expect a dual national to prefer one country over the other, but I don't.

I’ve only recently started to pay attention to your election. Strange times we’re living in. I have no doubt that a gentleman will be welcome in either locale, but your photos of Mexico City are beautiful. I hope whatever happens you come out on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Great looking assortment of lids today, fellas. Makes me embarrassed to show my collection. It's hot here in Central Ohio today. Anyone familiar with Ohio weather will tell you that it's just not hot, but it's also humid, pushing up the heat index. Our 90s can feel like 100s. So check this out. I'm wearing a black hat on this hot muggy evening. This is one of my thin ribbon conversions. I converted this one from a Resistol 'Western'.

Black_Western_Resistol_1.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_9.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_13.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_14.jpg

Black_Western_Resistol_7.jpg

Easy listenin' Rock A Billy!

Damn, Terry, you're looking at this upside down. If I could do what you can, I would have no need to buy expensive hats.

Tukwila

You guys never disappoint with all the fine hats. I ate some bad bulk food nuts from the local grocery yesterday, so haven't been wearing hats since about 2pm Saturday. Violent vomiting and my sides hurt from it. Feeling better now, but have to head in to work at 4 am Monday for an audit of about 4,000 firearms. Not looking forward to it, but they're depending on me. Funny how you try to scale back and be semi-retired, take a pay cut of at least 50% in pay and benefits, and in some ways your responsibilities increase.

In the morning I wore a Stetson Parabuntal. A sweet, extremely lightweight hat for a sunny day.

i-xVxsvDd-L.jpg

i-mdv8F3n-L.jpg

Dlaniger

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This morning I changed to "city attire" to meet up with friends at a local coffee shop. I was sport'n a Vtg. Stetson Bantam, vtg. tie and some vtg. spade shoes.

i-Bqz7GB5-M.jpg

i-vzcZ9nB-M.jpg

Home this afternoon to prepare some lunch in the rain. I switched to a Mallory for grilling is that the Stetson could dry on a wooden hat block.

i-QMpCzCZ-M.jpg

Early this evening I was out at a local club listening to acoustic blues. I gifted some of my hats to my guitarist friend as I have been tiring of his frequent use of the tapered crown modern Stetson Whippet.

i-FgXfMJg-M.jpg

I changed my hat- vtg.Mallory in an inky blue felt hue, tie - to another vtg. tie and shoes to a pair of modern Alden gunboats.

i-DTBtcdv-M.jpg

i-S2TX5TH-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Damn, Terry, you're looking at this upside down. If I could do what you can, I would have no need to buy expensive hats.

Ha! Definitely a good reason for making your own hats! I gave up trying to find vintage Strats, Whippets, Playboys, Wanderers, etc.... I just don't have that kind of money. Buying hat tools and materials is also proving to be out of my reach these days. I'm wanting to build hats from scratch but trying to find felt bodies is proving difficult. Winchester won't sell to individuals and FEPSA hasn't answered my emails. I'm probably going to give up that venture too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn