Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Ha! Definitely a good reason for making your own hats! I gave up trying to find vintage Strats, Whippets, Playboys, Wanderers, etc.... I just don't have that kind of money. Buying hat tools and materials is also proving to be out of my reach these days. I'm wanting to build hats from scratch but trying to find felt bodies is proving difficult. Winchester won't sell to individuals and FEPSA hasn't answered my emails. I'm probably going to give up that venture too.
Maybe a true gentleman hat maker with a kind soul, with the initials AF would be willing to let you purchase a felt or two?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This morning I changed to "city attire" to meet up with friends at a local coffee shop. I was sport'n a Vtg. Stetson Bantam, vtg. tie and some vtg. spade shoes.

i-Bqz7GB5-M.jpg

i-vzcZ9nB-M.jpg

Home this afternoon to prepare some lunch in the rain. I switched to a Mallory for grilling is that the Stetson could dry on a wooden hat block.

i-QMpCzCZ-M.jpg

Early this evening I was out at a local club listening to acoustic blues. I gifted some of my hats to my guitarist friend as I have been tiring of his frequent use of the tapered crown modern Stetson Whippet.

i-FgXfMJg-M.jpg

I changed my hat- vtg.Mallory in an inky blue felt hue, tie - to another vtg. tie and shoes to a pair of modern Alden gunboats.

i-DTBtcdv-M.jpg

i-S2TX5TH-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Eric, NOBODY does the blues like yous!
A pleasure to enjoy with you.
B
Ps: now i know what i’m wearing tomorrow.

Late news flash!!

Seen on the streets (more in the AC) of Hanover, NH, two vastly different forms of straw fedoras. Here we have Alan (left) with a magnificent vintage parabuntal, and Charlie, sporting an early Art Fawcett Milan.
DSC03959.jpg
We were lucky enough to pull off a lunch together today, and there just wasn't enough time to cover all the topics on the agenda. Next year, @Alan!

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Late news flash!!

Seen on the streets (more in the AC) of Hanover, NH, two vastly different forms of straw fedoras. Here we have Alan (left) with a magnificent vintage parabuntal, and Charlie, sporting an early Art Fawcett Milan.
View attachment 125065
We were lucky enough to pull off a lunch together today, and there just wasn't enough time to cover all the topics on the agenda. Next year, @Alan!
Wonderful!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
You guys never disappoint with all the fine hats. I ate some bad bulk food nuts from the local grocery yesterday, so haven't been wearing hats since about 2pm Saturday. Violent vomiting and my sides hurt from it. Feeling better now, but have to head in to work at 4 am Monday for an audit of about 4,000 firearms. Not looking forward to it, but they're depending on me. Funny how you try to scale back and be semi-retired, take a pay cut of at least 50% in pay and benefits, and in some ways your responsibilities increase.

In the morning I wore a Stetson Parabuntal. A sweet, extremely lightweight hat for a sunny day.

i-xVxsvDd-L.jpg

i-mdv8F3n-L.jpg

Hey Tuk:
Food poisoning is something you never forget. I’ve had it twice and i remember exactly what hat i was wearing.
Porcelain!!
You have my sincere sympathies!!
Get well soon.
Sweet Parabuntal
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Late news flash!!

View attachment 125065
What a wonderful picture!
Speaks volumes in silence.
“That’s” how you show em, guys!
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
An older Stetson St. Regis in gray c1945 today for church. Early 1950s vintage tie as well. It was church lady hat day, lots of cool old vintage women's hats in the service this morning. Felt that this old homburg fit right in. View attachment 125032 View attachment 125033 View attachment 125034 View attachment 125035
hmmpphh! If I owned fine suits and had the fashion sense to dress well, I would look good in a Homburg too, Red.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

MondoFW

Practically Family
An older Stetson St. Regis in gray c1945 today for church. Early 1950s vintage tie as well. It was church lady hat day, lots of cool old vintage women's hats in the service this morning. Felt that this old homburg fit right in. View attachment 125032 View attachment 125033 View attachment 125034 View attachment 125035
Wow! You pull off the 50s look very well. A stunning hat and ensemble, Red. Reminds me very much of my grandfather in the day. Oregon needs more Beau Brummells, keep at it:D

Late news flash!!

View attachment 125065
What a great picture! Two great straws on top of two great Loungers!

Happy Canada day everyone. Took the family to Jurassic world.
4c396ddc831d98d0b0c761b915d0cf2e.jpg

Johnny
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Canada Day to you Johnny. Perfect hat for watching dinosaurs!

You guys never disappoint with all the fine hats. I ate some bad bulk food nuts from the local grocery yesterday, so haven't been wearing hats since about 2pm Saturday. Violent vomiting and my sides hurt from it. Feeling better now, but have to head in to work at 4 am Monday for an audit of about 4,000 firearms. Not looking forward to it, but they're depending on me. Funny how you try to scale back and be semi-retired, take a pay cut of at least 50% in pay and benefits, and in some ways your responsibilities increase.

In the morning I wore a Stetson Parabuntal. A sweet, extremely lightweight hat for a sunny day.

i-xVxsvDd-L.jpg

i-mdv8F3n-L.jpg

Oh Doug, so sorry to hear about the innards distress. Love that Stetson, is it new to you? My kind of lines.

Pretty Spiffy, Red. That Royal Deluxe St. Regis is one classic beauty. The prototypical American made homburg.
Thanks D. It is an interesting comparison between the overall look of an American Homburg vs something like my Borsalinos or Germans. I should do a side by side photo shoot...

This morning I changed to "city attire" to meet up with friends at a local coffee shop. I was sport'n a Vtg. Stetson Bantam, vtg. tie and some vtg. spade shoes.

i-Bqz7GB5-M.jpg

i-vzcZ9nB-M.jpg

Home this afternoon to prepare some lunch in the rain. I switched to a Mallory for grilling is that the Stetson could dry on a wooden hat block.

i-QMpCzCZ-M.jpg

Early this evening I was out at a local club listening to acoustic blues. I gifted some of my hats to my guitarist friend as I have been tiring of his frequent use of the tapered crown modern Stetson Whippet.

i-FgXfMJg-M.jpg

I changed my hat- vtg.Mallory in an inky blue felt hue, tie - to another vtg. tie and shoes to a pair of modern Alden gunboats.

i-DTBtcdv-M.jpg

i-S2TX5TH-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
I would just like to follow you around on days like this just to see your hats in their natural habitat!

Wow! You pull off the 50s look very well. A stunning hat and ensemble, Red. Reminds me very much of my grandfather in the day. Oregon needs more Beau Brummells, keep at it:D
Thanks Mondo, I really would like to find some true vintage suits from the 40s/50s. They are rare and expensive in my size. I can find ties and hats in my size though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy