Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this hat! Looks as good on that rooster as on you Jack.

A very floppy unlined underwelt Borsalino this evening.

1c254463c1e1141e79fa6549f4c9fca6.jpg

Viva la air conditioning!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes I think it would be proper to walk around the frozen food section of Safeway in a felt, just to be able to wear it this time of year. Cool Borso!

Could not comment on all the great hats on display the last few days; I have work to do in other threads! But first yesterdays' hat. The Wulfken/Penumbra panama.

View attachment 125980
Very tight weave on that one Stefan. I like it.

Modern Stetson hemp (thanks Bill!) + smoothie + quiet, early morning reading = near perfect start to the day.

May each of you have a perfect day.
b8d58f5cccde169d1f6cb8e355c1280b.jpg
25f1f7590484bd8615130bc25aac16f7.jpg
1e0a762cac3728486b4cf3c6d8f73cf5.jpg
60b60c574b5bddf373868c39071b03e9.jpg
Good to see your face! I love the brim binding and ribbon on this one. I'll have to go down to my haberdasher this week to see if he has one like it.

No plans to go out today, but just to wear a hat I tried on the Barbisio Maia homburg in its open crown state.

View attachment 126053
I'll have to try this. Nice way to get a Bowler feel out of a 'berg. Great looking brim curl.

Good morning. I was out early in a vtg. Stetson Bantam.

i-pw2TK5C-M.jpg

i-mdJXQDQ-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Always love to see the Bantam Eric.

Gordon Feature Felt on a lovely morning.
DSCN2853 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2855 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2856 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2848 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2834 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Should be a nice day here,
7-8-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope you will have the same,
Michael
Great lines on the Gordon. Do I remember this one having some age? Older than the 50s. Nice.

View attachment 126124
VS Sahara this morning.
Good to see you in a felt Bob. Love the hat band.

Thanks Stefan. I think the Melvin probably worked better with the weight of the suit, but there was something about the Lords hat that I liked.

A topper and a little coat repair. I passed on a local topper that fit me like a glove and came from a shop in Edinburgh. The address of the shop was given as "Across from the Post Office". It had a leather travel case that had stickers on it from the Cunard line. Still kicking myself. 7 or 6 7/8 has been my usual size. Lately I seem to be shrinking and the Melvin is a 6 3/4. It must have run large though, as a bunch of 6 3/4 milans from the same collection are all too small. Never know with old hats.

Thanks,
Michael
Regrets; we all have them...
I'll see what's in the collection topperwise.

Halle-frickin'-lujah. Closing in on one eggplant is better than I'd hoped for.

When I spoke with John (@moehawk), he indicated he'd tried numerous things, but was unable to resolve the problem. I'm going to try to stay in touch, though.

Been jonesin' to wear this for a bit now. My rotation shrinks considerably in the heat. Modern, Excellent Quality Stratoliner in Caribou.

26b9db2304413d4491b8ef0e06eacc87.jpg
f9dbbe0f9e96dbea8ed7c6ebe0d642b5.jpg
312decddf71b6f1a5a37eb80cb31d12e.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Just the right colour.
Thanks for the info; I'll send an e-mail to John, as I should have thought of before.

Love this hat! Looks as good on that rooster as on you Jack.

Sometimes I think it would be proper to walk around the frozen food section of Safeway in a felt, just to be able to wear it this time of year. Cool Borso!

Very tight weave on that one Stefan. I like it.

Good to see your face! I love the brim binding and ribbon on this one. I'll have to go down to my haberdasher this week to see if he has one like it.

I'll have to try this. Nice way to get a Bowler feel out of a 'berg. Great looking brim curl.

Always love to see the Bantam Eric.

Great lines on the Gordon. Do I remember this one having some age? Older than the 50s. Nice.

Good to see you in a felt Bob. Love the hat band.
Thanks, Mike. The Barbisio came that way and even seemed reluctant to accept a crease.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
We spend the weekend in Antwerp. Visited the fotomuseum, the museum of contemporary art and Middelheim park.

We met up with Harv and Esther and had a great time.

And we also got some new hats [emoji41]

Here's one of them
257be5ec92923d8a7dd712838058fab9.jpg

Buntal with a vintage ribbon.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Very nice, Sergej. I like that ribbon; makes for an excellent summer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner