Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Good to hear from you, my friend. Are we at two eggplants yet?

Also, fyi, @moehawk likely won't be back. The new format didn't play well with his vision problems and he doesn't think it can be reconciled.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks, Jim. We're darned close to one eggplant!

July 20th is when my hats and I move to serenity. Each moment I get closer, my smile broadens a little bit.

Life is good. I hope that all goes well in Funkytown.

Bugger about Moe. I need to go on the non-tapatalk version of the Lounge and see what they've done. Tragic that it's killing off a long-time and beloved member...

Good to hear from you, my friend. Are we at two eggplants yet?

Also, fyi, @moehawk likely won't be back. The new format didn't play well with his vision problems and he doesn't think it can be reconciled.

Thanks for informing us, Jim. I like to think that there should be a way around that problem, but I'm no expert. Hopefully it can be resolved in some way.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Well, if you are going all the way formal like this, at least the derby. It would look cool with a topper though.
The derby probably is the better fit and closer to the same age as the clothes. I passed on what was probably my only opportunity to get a mint condition topper here. Still kick myself.

The search for one is still on... :(
You'll find one eventually Joao.

Biltmore hemp made in the USA
c3d807ca02b74f0e8800a35542faf54b.jpg
b408a23248da29794ef474389bf565bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super look D. That jacket looks like it's a dandy, and the hat, of course.

Enjoy the cool morning Michael. I just love the color on that Resistol.
Love the cool mornings. Having another decent one today and it sounds like maybe tomorrow too, though the heat returns tomorrow afternoon.

With all the excellent straws being sported today, I grabbed my NW Hats Cuenca Panama to fit in. Have to go out and run errands to restock the pantry after the 4th of July BBQ. View attachment 125794 View attachment 125795 View attachment 125796
Love the color of that pug. Makes for a great looking summery hat.

Thanks all,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great parade of hats, Michael. The Melvin would have worked just as well, I think. It's an excellent look.
Thanks Stefan. I think the Melvin probably worked better with the weight of the suit, but there was something about the Lords hat that I liked.

That suit does need a topper, Michael. I'm surprised that you don't own one. You're a size 7 right?
A topper and a little coat repair. I passed on a local topper that fit me like a glove and came from a shop in Edinburgh. The address of the shop was given as "Across from the Post Office". It had a leather travel case that had stickers on it from the Cunard line. Still kicking myself. 7 or 6 7/8 has been my usual size. Lately I seem to be shrinking and the Melvin is a 6 3/4. It must have run large though, as a bunch of 6 3/4 milans from the same collection are all too small. Never know with old hats.

Thanks,
Michael

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The derby probably is the better fit and closer to the same age as the clothes. I passed on what was probably my only opportunity to get a mint condition topper here. Still kick myself.

You'll find one eventually Joao.

Super look D. That jacket looks like it's a dandy, and the hat, of course.

Love the cool mornings. Having another decent one today and it sounds like maybe tomorrow too, though the heat returns tomorrow afternoon.

Love the color of that pug. Makes for a great looking summery hat.

Thanks all,
Michael

Thanks, Micheal. Your sharp eyes never miss a trick. I will post the suit on the appropriate thread. It has some details I am sure you will find interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sitting in a Drive-Thru waiting my turn.
Shantung Open Road again today.
ab12cc66f7080b1531adfdd4ef924703.jpg
5d9e75342ae7a9baaa85f1327340b9d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You look great in that OR shaped Shantung Roger.

Turn of the last century Open Road.

69ce7c214fe09f469dfb094de45fe7de.jpg

8a3a2329cab0d59b6a81999f446648c6.jpg
I always have to think twice when we talk about the "turn of the last century". My mind always goes to 1900, not 2000. Antique, vintage for sure Bob. Of course, I'm antique and vintage myself.

Same-o same-o. I only brought two hats, but today I wore it to lunch on the beach. La Concha beach club in Las Brisas, Acapulco. My Dad's in the bright green shirt.
0e45216b83900a4cbe0a59ed59c346a7.jpg
92ce4cf79f32ae7786716d599ecc77b1.jpg
4854656fa7a24d102213740f33a9a788.jpg
dd3871b2de189cb64b93d180593996b5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Wow, looks like you are enjoying yourself. And well-hatted while in the process. Your dad looks great in a fine Milan.

My tan Ecuadorian straw hat and I visited the donut shop this morning. I figured my straw Panama looks a li'l better on Ol' Shep than his hat does. :)
View attachment 125885
A definite improvement. Nice straw!

Stefan... I'll be back. I'm just dealing with burying my dead marriage, moving, resetting my life, etc. But... all is well.

I look forward to checking out this mysterious new "format" that is causing consternation.

Hope that life is great for all.

Peace.

Matt
Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations my friend. Life goes on, with a hat and a smile. You know we love you. See you and the Huggy Bear soon we hope.

Thanks, Jim. We're darned close to one eggplant!

July 20th is when my hats and I move to serenity. Each moment I get closer, my smile broadens a little bit.

Life is good. I hope that all goes well in Funkytown.

Bugger about Moe. I need to go on the non-tapatalk version of the Lounge and see what they've done. Tragic that it's killing off a long-time and beloved member...

Halle-frickin'-lujah. Closing in on one eggplant is better than I'd hoped for.

When I spoke with John (@moehawk), he indicated he'd tried numerous things, but was unable to resolve the problem. I'm going to try to stay in touch, though.

Been jonesin' to wear this for a bit now. My rotation shrinks considerably in the heat. Modern, Excellent Quality Stratoliner in Caribou.

26b9db2304413d4491b8ef0e06eacc87.jpg
f9dbbe0f9e96dbea8ed7c6ebe0d642b5.jpg
312decddf71b6f1a5a37eb80cb31d12e.jpg

Halle-frickin'-lujah. Closing in on one eggplant is better than I'd hoped for.

When I spoke with John (@moehawk), he indicated he'd tried numerous things, but was unable to resolve the problem. I'm going to try to stay in touch, though.

Been jonesin' to wear this for a bit now. My rotation shrinks considerably in the heat. Modern, Excellent Quality Stratoliner in Caribou.

26b9db2304413d4491b8ef0e06eacc87.jpg
f9dbbe0f9e96dbea8ed7c6ebe0d642b5.jpg
312decddf71b6f1a5a37eb80cb31d12e.jpg

Excellent to be sure Jim. Really sorry to hear about John's problems with the new format. I'll send him an email to say Hi. I wonder if we can keep him involved through that venue? Miss his face.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Excellent to be sure Jim. Really sorry to hear about John's problems with the new format. I'll send him an email to say Hi. I wonder if we can keep him involved through that venue? Miss his face.

Sir; When you drop John a line, please include my well wishes. I do miss seeing and reading his contributions. Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner