Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
You and me both my friend. I made the mistake of thinking the Tonak color would be the same as Winchester’s of the same name. Nope. This hat turned me off from this finish; although, I sometimes think I’d like to try one in a medium dark brown. I was hoping it was going to be more of a heather, but it’s something else. At least it no longer has the pink ribbon it came with (another mistake by me and not Agnoulita).
Brent I think the best thing for your hat is to brush it with an iron hats brush. Strictly anti-clockwise and lightly and continuously. I think that choosing the colors on the basis of the Winchester felts is a gamble. Fepsa and Tonak produce felts with very "European" colors and finishes. The difference is marked and it would be better to have from Agnoulita a bunch of samples in felt with the colors. It would solve many problems in the choice and appearance of the felt, considering you are a loyal customer.

1950s (possibly late 40s) piece by custom hat maker Tropp the Hatter. Morris Tropp and his brother Wolf were custom hat makers from Austria/Poland who had shops in Philadelphia PA. and then later Newark NJ.
Color changes in direct sunlight.

53b685b2ea581f5519f0ab8e6b355455.jpg
ac9d4c687c585c4b031238d62dcec7df.jpg
98874d63927c8c94ef2162ce586c1561.jpg
963c2dae7725e3c1ccef87aaf440d8ed.jpg
cd44ba58b684f2add5636f906cdfe2c7.jpg
d966f8c43bb063628bfbe573a0ea3464.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Max, That's an old find of mine. Great to see it again. It's looks fantastic on you!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some example of interesting ribbon and bow on hats with "difficult" dark grey
They are examples I have available now, with calm I can find others, but they could be a suggestion for you Brent
2mebhhu.jpg

A) Cappellificio Cervo. Felt is "Loden" and color "Ucraina" This is the more close to your color
bjbtbo.jpg

B) Panizza. No indication of color. A grey/blueish "lustre" and dark felt with medium hair
e80gom.jpg

C) De Megni, probably a Panizza A medium to dark grey with a silver ribbon
1z2m3i1.jpg

D) Vanzina stiled by Borsalino, a deep lustre felt with a fancy ribbon
Have a nice day
Oooohhhh, ahhhhh...brilliant. Like watching fireworks!

Which is better D'aquino or Agnoulitas?

Hands down: Agnoulita!
Brent I think the best thing for your hat is to brush it with an iron hats brush. Strictly anti-clockwise and lightly and continuously. I think that choosing the colors on the basis of the Winchester felts is a gamble. Fepsa and Tonak produce felts with very "European" colors and finishes. The difference is marked and it would be better to have from Agnoulita a bunch of samples in felt with the colors. It would solve many problems in the choice and appearance of the felt, considering you are a loyal customer.

This was one of my first hats from Agnoulita. I now have felt samples to go by.

The flecked fur is supposed to look that way, it’s just not a look that I like. It sometimes looks alright in photos, but once in hand....
At least now I have all of his offered finishes (the long hair is still in transit) and know what to expect.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was one of my first hats from Agnoulita. I now have felt samples to go by.

The flecked fur is supposed to look that way, it’s just not a look that I like. It sometimes looks alright in photos, but once in hand....
At least now I have all of his offered finishes (the long hair is still in transit) and know what to expect.
I really like the looks and colors available. That's all I need, another hat to think about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ