Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Baku..
f3a78ea7525a028a12eeddaf4247a276.jpg
9a532dce909e7139fc96202a3edcfd12.jpg

Sent from my ALP-L09 using Tapatalk

Hemp has unique attributes...
It would appear retaining the dyed color isn't one of them. ;)

Dunno, the only water washing I’ve done has been hemp and ball caps.
I don't know about "washing", but Sunbody's Guatemalan palm leaf hats can take a pretty good soaking. In fact, Sunbody recommends "dousing" them occasionally to "keep your hat fresher and make it last longer" if you regularly wear them in "dry weather".

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I like this one Michael. The proportions, the brim curl and bend, a little wing. Looks good on you! Pretty cool!!
B
Thanks Bowen. Resistol did seem to get the proportions and curves just right on this one.

Very nice, Michael. I really like the way that crease tells how the felt must feel.
Thanks Stefan. The felt on that one is firm, but nicely malleable.

The brim curve on that one it to die for, Michael.
Thanks Stefan. Nice swoop to the Long Rider.

Record breaking heat and drowth over here: longest period of straw weather I can remember.
Ecudorian supernatural
View attachment 128461
It's fortunate that you have such a nice stable of straws in that case. We are finally supposed to get a few days that will definitely be felt weather in morning and evening, and possibly all day long.

Great hat, Michael. I like wide brims with curls

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Thanks Max. I've been enjoying seeing all of your new hats lately. Some real beauties.

Thanks all,
Michael

Record breaking heat and drowth over here: longest period of straw weather I can remember.
Ecudorian supernatural
View attachment 128461
Yes, the European heat wave made the news over here in the Pacific Northwest. We are track to break the all time record for consecutive 90 degree days. Good to get some wear out of your straws.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the European heat wave made the news over here in the Pacific Northwest. We are track to break the all time record for consecutive 90 degree days. Good to get some wear out of your straws.
It feels strange to me that Mexico City is sunny right now, but the weather is not hot at all, even if it's thousands of miles nearer the equator than the Netherlands.
I know it is a matter of altitude, not latitude, but still, it surprises me.
I can wear felts all the time. :)

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Just finished reworking this older conversion into a brush finished longhair. Resistol Stagecoach in Chestnut. The pictures don't come near to doing this hat justice. Nice and tall straight crown with a tighter pinch. I have more in The Conversion Corral...

Brushed_Finish_Chestnut_5.jpg

Brushed_Finish_Chestnut_9.jpg

Brushed_Finish_Chestnut_10.jpg

Brushed_Finish_Chestnut_17.jpg

Brushed_Finish_Chestnut_12.jpg

Brushed_Finish_Chestnut_16.jpg
I'm typically not a fan of long hairs, but I suppose that one is alright . Nice conversion!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred