Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
DSCN6473.jpg

DSCN6472.jpg
Nice! And the shirt, tie also!:eusa_clap
Great hat Dman!:eusa_clap I have not seen one with creases in back too!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
th_IMG_3564.jpg

Dman this is a fantastic hat. very similar to my Open Road. It has the same top sticker and the same blue sweat bow.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Okay- so I guess that pretty safely dates the cowboy hat to sometime in the mid '30s.

Oh- and is the logo of your temple the same as the logo in the interior shot of a boater I posted on 114?

DOUGLAS

It is similar but because the liner bled behind the sweat shield it is a bit distorted so I can't make it out completely. It is in crest form but larger than your boaters. It does appear to have a the same shape but with more writing below the crest.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:

Wow! I am loving that lid, Douglas! Do you know anything about its history? I'm curious to know when Stetson made that particular style of hat and dubbed it "The Open Road." Fantastic hat! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Jerekson

One Too Many
Douglas, my sincere apologies if I am crossing any lines here, but I just have to ask; how many hats do you really own?

deelovely

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Yes please. If you care about the identification, I would need more photos. If you don't care, and just want to enjoy the hat, please disregard. VB
VB, Here are some more pics so you can help date my hate for me!;) Thanks!

PA290005.jpg
PA290007.jpg

PA290006.jpg
PA290008.jpg

funneman

Practically Family
I like that hat...

Vintage Betty said:
I wore this new men's BCF hat this weekend, but forgot to take a photo on Saturday.

This hat looks really great on my husband, and I have declared this his "New Official Fedora Lounge Travelling Hat" much to his chagrin.

Vintage Betty

betty_102807.jpg

...and it looks great on you!

DOUGLAS

J.T.Marcus said:
You sure come mighty close to it! lol Where do you find all those beautiful hats? :D

J.T., it is a life long obsession.... I mean passion.

Jerekson, there is no line to cross. The short answer is I don't know. It is some where around 250 or so. Not all are fedoras.

Vintage Betty

deelovely said:
VB, Here are some more pics so you can help date my hate for me!;) Thanks!

PA290005.jpg
PA290007.jpg

PA290006.jpg
PA290008.jpg

Ok, I'm stumped. It's either 1920's or 1930's. I spent about an hour researching this, and it's the tag that confuses me. Anyone else out there have a better idea?

VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21