Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
No sunrise in the golfcourse today. Too overcast. But I did modify my Optimo Frank Lloyd Wright last night. I call it the Max Lloyd Wright.
36a494d3d6d75e5147a1bb4a8f29e5a8.jpg
7b0cc3e19a78e1fc683be335fba5ffbf.jpg
6f20e6664ce78343655ee9723545393b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Good Job Max...smokin' hot.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Light and not-so-light drizzle today on the golf course. I was about to leave my Optimo MLW under cover in the golf cart, but decided to put it to the test.
The hat was dry by the time we settled the betting (lost again, dammit.)
The pics are of the Optimo while wet, dry, and wiped with my sweater, not even brushed.
It still looks like it did before it was put in the box for the trip to Mexico City. Viva Optimo. Calidad total!
65989f3cda7b5e0178f4febde135dc8a.jpg
3f6b96fa5aff75d3e6dc9f8226f02719.jpg
e640ef0668c46b800c0156ff020e331a.jpg
d280fc4ef9c6bd7ff437336e5ddfd431.jpg
d775b6e7c876c3515cf0468a6ef39df1.jpg

This sickens me, knowing it's my size! What a jewel, I'm glad you have it, if I don't. I would consider that the holy grail, in my hat world. You wear it well my friend!
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, Dd. Grail hat for me as well. I do wish it was one of the 50's era. They are a softer felt, less cowboy like. Now if I could only find an insert for the case.

Smooth... (what a hat!)

Thanks, Bob.

F***in-A-Right!! Sorry, but “Heck Wally that’s a nice Beaver”.
Thanks Bama!!
B

Watch your language. I'm sensitive. You should have heard the words coming out of my mouth during your western parade, yesterday. Thank you, Bowen.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Dd. Grail hat for me as well. I do wish it was one of the 50's era. They are a softer felt, less cowboy like. Now if I could only find an insert for the case.

Thanks, Bob.

Watch your language. I'm sensitive. You should have heard the words coming out of my mouth during your western parade, yesterday. Thank you, Bowen.
Ha ha ha...yesterday was a fun day at the lounge! That Willow white dog comment was a near Cardiac episode. I’ll throw the Bulldogger out there for good measure!!
B

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Ha ha ha...yesterday was a fun day at the lounge! That Willow white dog comment was a near Cardiac episode. I’ll throw the Bulldogger out there for good measure!!
B
Yes, it was. I kept on laughing long after. And the part where they would be fighting over a hat that didn't fit either was good too.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Thanks, Bob.

Yes. I want to be like Bowen when I grow up.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
After a long day of getting sweaty tooling around town it's a little relax in the yard time.
DSCN3876 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN3878 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN3875 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN3880 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
More like a dress weight felt than a western weight. Kind of like an OR on steroids with a 3 3/8" brim.
DSCN3868 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have fun, it's Saturday night,
Michael

I really like the outsized dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Interesting ribbon on the Dunlap Michael. It is so "period" looking. I like it.
Thanks Red. I think I have another hat that is probably from around the same period that has a similar ribbon. Can't think what or where it is right now. Ha ha.

I really like the outsized dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does have a nice big look. There are a few moth nibbles on the outside, but seemingly none on the inside. I've toyed with the idea of turning it.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I was all set to go out and have some coffee in the yard under the Melvin panama when some boom boom showed up. So to run around and put some things straight as the rain showed up it was this Stetson 3X
DSCN3887 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN3885 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I will return to the original plan in a bit after the storm passes. Since it's still supposed to get to 95 today.

Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great hat! Is the ribbon charcoal? I’m waiting on a custom in dark moss and I’m looking for ribbon ideas. Thanks.

Brent the moss green has a charcoal ribbon. This was Michael's first ribbon work for clients. Here is a better pic.

i-XwDFn6h-M.jpg

My ribbon request for this Gannon hat was inspired by this Adams fedora.

i-dj6M6h3-M.jpg

A VS version.(Bluesmoke with matching ribbon)

i-zS3Mdn3-M.jpg

A later Gannon. I asked for more detail in the gills for this one. (Natural with a cream ribbon)

i-6WJtsNF-M.jpg

Brent, apologies as my answer to your simple question I went down the gill ribbon path. Simple answer charcoal ribbon treatment.

I am out and about in a Supernatural Ecuadorian Milan this humid morning. It is truly a lovely hat.

i-rmgRcRp-M.jpg

i-CvtJVTt-M.jpg

After 80+ years old the leather sweat is showing some wear. I am not disappointed or surprised that it is wearing out.

i-mx7nx87-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou