Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate98

New in Town
In addition to the square size tag, that union label is also a clue. We have a thread on dating by union tags. You'll have to search for it, though. I'm on my phone and hate doing those searches on it. Great hat, though.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
THanks, I did find the union label thread. My label doesn't have that extra number in the upper corner, so I wasn't sure. I'd guess 60s, though.

Do you think there was a model name besides "Genuine Panama"?

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
Today I snagged this hat at an estate sale for $5. Stetson "Genuine Panama". Size 7 3/8. Originally made for the Karner Phillips Department Store in Mexia, TX. It seems like an Open Road in style, though the name not present. Brim is 2 3/4".

Does anyone out there want to take a shot at model and possible year?

Nice Panama ... great deal. I'll leave the guessing to the experts.

THanks, I did find the union label thread. My label doesn't have that extra number in the upper corner, so I wasn't sure. I'd guess 60s, though.

There may have been one in the catalog or the box, difficult to tell. With the dimensions, especially the brim width, you might as well call it an OR, then. After all, if you were to describe it to someone, that's the best descriptor.

I'm with Terry. Solidly in the 60s. You should get some pretty good wear out of it.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Well, no wonderful vintage collector's item or beautiful custom hat but, I thought I needed another straw so I picked up this new Stratoliner Milan. I like it.
Peace,

Stratoliner Milan.JPG

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

A lot of Stetsons from that time and earlier didn't have the model name stamped on the sweat. I have a Royal Stetson from that era of the OR style that doesn't have the model name on the sweat. As far as I'm concerned it's an OR.
There may have been one in the catalog or the box, difficult to tell. With the dimensions, especially the brim width, you might as well call it an OR, then. After all, if you were to describe it to someone, that's the best descriptor.

I'm with Terry. Solidly in the 60s. You should get some pretty good wear out of it.

Yup. I agree. OR is the best descriptor.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Wore the Palmoro down to listen to the music.
IMG_7995 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7997 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Was surprised to find two stages set up for music. Turned out to be Rock the Chalk, with music and chalk art on the streets.
IMG_8011 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8029 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8015 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Many, many chalk drawings over a couple of block area.
IMG_8018 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Next week is the Soul Festival. I hope it's felt hat weather.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred