Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoFW

Practically Family
Yes you are indeed. That Strat is a thing of beauty. You have a stellar hat there.
Thanks, Red. I have to agree, this Strat is awesome and gave me an open mind for the western-style fedora. I'm pondering the purchase of a vintage Mallory XV right now. A while ago, I wouldn't touch these thin-ribbon, light colored hats with a ten foot pole.
That’s a good look for you Mondo!
You wear it well!
B
Thank you Bowen, this means a lot coming from you! People say thin guys can't pull off the classic wide-brimmed, taller crown hats, but seeing as this Strat looks superb on me, it's a load of bollocks. The stingy brims don't give me the cool edge this one does.
East St. Louis? Must be one tough hat!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Is East St. Louis some notorious area? I don't follow.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This weekend went up North. Same hat.
First it was Piodão, a small village in the Serra da Estrela in Portugal
20180810a.jpg

20180810.jpg

Then Santiago de Compostela in Spain
20180811a.jpg

20180811.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sovereign Stetson Twenty
True color thanks to flat light.
If I abandon my usual activies today, perhaps this will stay clean.
View attachment 130749
View attachment 130748
The Sovereign Stetson is always a winner. My old MG & I were in a photo shoot this morning, (more about that in a few days time, in the vintage car thread,) I was specifically asked to wear the Sovereign, who am I to disappoint?
Watkin Art 002.JPG

Thanks, Red. I have to agree, this Strat is awesome and gave me an open mind for the western-style fedora. I'm pondering the purchase of a vintage Mallory XV right now. A while ago, I wouldn't touch these thin-ribbon, light colored hats with a ten foot pole.

Thank you Bowen, this means a lot coming from you! People say thin guys can't pull off the classic wide-brimmed, taller crown hats, but seeing as this Strat looks superb on me, it's a load of bollocks. The stingy brims don't give me the cool edge this one does.

Is East St. Louis some notorious area? I don't follow.

Who are these "people" who are filling your head with such nonsense? Don't listen to them.

And yeah, E St. L has a pretty rough rep. Probably not when your hat was first purchased, though.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Winston Carter

Practically Family
I just love the Harvard paint schemes. Our Texans were cool, but the AT-6 planes on the continent had to hide more on a daily basis. Great hat, goes right with a vintage aircraft. Your Co-Plane has not been in the photos for a while, I miss seeing it.

whoaaa! Bringing it today Brent. New I assume? Love it, a rare bird any day, but in your size...unicorn.

He was on Steven Colbert a while back promoting his tour. Still has it! Love to see Redi-Kilowatt.

I like the ribbon on this one. Showy feather. Is it open crown or a stiff felt?

Preach it Brother!!
Nice soft fur. Open crown, slightly turned up brim.

I think I know what Mallory you are watching. Great seller, he always has some great stuff all around. I have had good transactions with him. It may go into the stratosphere at the end of the auction though.

This weekend went up North. Same hat.
First it was Piodão, a small village in the Serra da Estrela in Portugal
20180810a.jpg

20180810.jpg

Then Santiago de Compostela in Spain
20180811a.jpg

20180811.jpg
Outstanding images and a great hat to stroll around in. I'm sure you stood out in the crowd.

The Sovereign Stetson is always a winner. My old MG & I were in a photo shoot this morning, (more about that in a few days time, in the vintage car thread,) I was specifically asked to wear the Sovereign, who am I to disappoint?
View attachment 130858
What a perfect image! With the lines of that MG and that Stetson, how could the photographer go wrong. Made my morning.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
It's fairly cool today. Felt weather again! The Borsalino Misto Stagno got its first wearing today.

View attachment 130630 View attachment 130631
Another super addition to your collection, Stefan.

Everyone needs a "budget" straw now and then. This one looks quite serviceable. I like it.
Thanks Red. It's very lightweight and quite a comfortable around the yard hat on a sunny day.

Beautiful color, Michael! I want a yellow hat. I think this one's my favorite of yours.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Thanks Max. You have so many stellar hats now that my favorite of yours seems to be coming down to whatever you are wearing that day.

Looking great in felt this morning. Stay out of the heat later.
Thanks Red.

Still having felt temps this morning, back to the 90s all next week. To celebrate, I ran out for some mochas for the wife and I. Further celebration was my Mallory XV on my head. Feels so good to at least wear it for a couple of hours...

View attachment 130755 View attachment 130756 View attachment 130757 View attachment 130758
Yowza, yowza. Love that hat.

That fantastic Michael. The color combination is subtle but perfect!
Thanks Bill. You have been showing off some great hats lately.

Thanks all,
Michael

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What a perfect image! With the lines of that MG and that Stetson, how could the photographer go wrong. Made my morning.
Perfect image? I'm not sure about that, it's you, and all who make this such a sociable place. You have such a complimentary way with words, thank you. I'm not familiar with Instagram but my Godson is, he text this to me. Good grief how the internet works, I wouldn't be surprised if folk knew when I needed the bathroom.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bma2378Any7/?igshid=1bc9wrg2wm32n&utm_source=fb_www_attr

Hartville flea market,no luck.Resistol Stagecoach conversion for the last 3 days.
nqmVODJ.jpg
x7RYLE0.jpg
Great color. I still have to come up with one of those liners. Woo Hoo!

Royal Deluxe Stetson this morning
DSCN4227 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4206 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4193 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
8-13-2018 Today's Clothes 1 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hope your week is starting well,
Michael
The definition of a fine Fedora Michael. Hope this week brings many days of felt for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner