Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore another parabuntal today, made in Italy it came with a Stetson tag.

The smoke from forest fires is getting pretty thick here. The sun was red all day, when you could actually see it.

This is Newberg:
i-MctQKd9-L.jpg

Portland:
i-2mjW7hC-Th.jpg

i-FCzCZ9V-M.jpg
i-TFFZcTV-M.jpg

We were not much better farther down the valley. One thing was nice, it didn't hit the 90s like they said. Still good straw weather. This one is superior.

Classic! Nothing finer than a Cav Milan.

I'm probably one of the younger people here who's into classic style; this is my second post on the forum. Picked this grey Dobbs Fifth Avenue fedora up recently, trying to see what it fits well with. My go to hat is my brown Saks which I think is more versatile. Rambling aside how do y'all think my grey hat goes with the suit i'm wearing in the picture? I'm new to the forum and would love any criticism!
Whatever colors you have now, you will always need more. Stick around, the enablers here on the lounge will get you all fixed up. I salute your style. At your age, it is refreshing to see a young man who realizes style is more than a $40 baseball cap on sideways. Welcome to the lounge, you will fit right in.

We were not much better farther down the valley. One thing was nice, it didn't hit the 90s like they said. Still good straw weather. This one is superior.

After over a month of smoke and ash our air here in the central California foothills is pretty clear. I had to give all my employees smoke/particulate matter exposure claim forms and install huge air filtration systems in our office. Other offices closed completely due to the unhealthy conditions.

I’m retiring to coastal Pacific Northwest and I’m counting the days (582). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MondoFW

Practically Family
I'm probably one of the younger people here who's into classic style; this is my second post on the forum. Picked this grey Dobbs Fifth Avenue fedora up recently, trying to see what it fits well with. My go to hat is my brown Saks which I think is more versatile. Rambling aside how do y'all think my grey hat goes with the suit i'm wearing in the picture? I'm new to the forum and would love any criticism!
I think, with the matching tie/pocket square, and the hat's combination with the suit, the whole fit is a little monochromatic. Additionally, the black suit with a gray hat look is a bit formal, may be rather intimidating. If i'm wearing black, usually it's a sports coat with contrasting trousers.

I like the hat a lot, it would look much better with a suit in a more casual color (brown, light gray, navy, etc). Good luck, man!

After over a month of smoke and ash our air here in the central California foothills is pretty clear. I had to give all my employees smoke/particulate matter exposure claim forms and install huge air filtration systems in our office. Other offices closed completely due to the unhealthy conditions.

I’m retiring to coastal Pacific Northwest and I’m counting the days (582). :)

Be careful what you wish for, we are totally smoked out here as well. That being said, welcome home to the PNW!

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
I agree. Maybe he hasn't been to Chicago in January, or to Acapulco in July.
That Chicago cold is dangerous!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I used to live about 3 1/2 hours due east of Chicago. Most of what Chicago got weather-wise, we got, aside from the lake effect and wind. I don't mind snow, but after about a month or so of dealing with it I'm ready for it to be summer again.

Right now, Columbus is our first choice after retirement in a coupla years.

We just moved to the area from northern Ohio about a year ago. It's much bigger than what I've been used to, and it's still rapidly growing. I had prior experience here when I was younger and attended Ohio State. We like the area. I would say that as long as you don't mind winter weather, it's a nice place to live.

My wife and I have vacationed in Arizona during summer months--as far north as Flagstaff and as far south as Tombstone--and as long as it isn't "monsoon season" it's definitely a dry heat. But if you aren't used to it, 120°F is hot no matter what. And a good supply of sunscreen is a must. ;)

I've only been to Arizona in the spring and summer months, and haven't seen temps any higher than the mid 90's, or cooler than the 50° mornings. I must say that aside from the sun beating on you, the dry air was quite comfortable to me. The higher elevations of Flagstaff, Sedona and the Grand Canyon provide a more temperate climate. Sedona would be my dream place to live. Truly gorgeous there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm a bit scared to go for a taller crown because of my height, (6'4") however I am a fan of wider brims. I do like how this hat fits with my tweed blazer which I plan on wearing tomorrow. I just worry how grey on grey works for the outfit, my general rule so far is: brown shoes = brown hat, black shoes = grey hat.

Also i'm planning on taking better photos soon because taking mirror selfies isn't really my thing.

For the crown, we’re only talking an extra half inch or a bit more. Tall guys can wear taller crowns without looking out of proportion.

225sam

New in Town
I think, with the matching tie/pocket square, and the hat's combination with the suit, the whole fit is a little monochromatic. Additionally, the black suit with a gray hat look is a bit formal, may be rather intimidating. If i'm wearing black, usually it's a sports coat with contrasting trousers.

I like the hat a lot, it would look much better with a suit in a more casual color (brown, light gray, navy, etc). Good luck, man!

The suit is comes off as black in the picture but it's just a dark grey, i'll post better pictures maybe later today. Thanks!

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Fall is nearing. I have been out watching the Nighthawks feeding over the lake. Hundreds of the birds migrating through my neighborhood this morning have been out early feeding on the insects. Feed away! Thousands were counted on Sunday migrating thru by the migration folks in northern Minnesota (Hawks Ridge in Duluth, MN). I tried some pics on my cellphone, but the pics turned out terrible.

I have been wearing a vtg.Stetson Whippet. Not all Whippets are "equal." This brown Whippet has the larger brim binding on top that were characteristic of some versions. My photo shots became blurred when rain sprinkles dropped on the lens. I took a couple of quick indoor shots paired with a dark gray vtg. Stetson Whippet. Poor pics today, but I hope they still illustrate.

i-QqNz8Tg-M.jpg

i-8NpTbs6-M.jpg

i-cpKzZRg-M.jpg

i-K4WLWsW-M.jpg

i-2FMDqbp-M.jpg

i-Frt7SBh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Enjoying a 62'f morning with binoculars in hand. Best, Eric -

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I used to live about 3 1/2 hours due east of Chicago. Most of what Chicago got weather-wise, we got, aside from the lake effect and wind. I don't mind snow, but after about a month or so of dealing with it I'm ready for it to be summer again.

We just moved to the area from northern Ohio about a year ago. It's much bigger than what I've been used to, and it's still rapidly growing. I had prior experience here when I was younger and attended Ohio State. We like the area. I would say that as long as you don't mind winter weather, it's a nice place to live.

I've only been to Arizona in the spring and summer months, and haven't seen temps any higher than the mid 90's, or cooler than the 50° mornings. I must say that aside from the sun beating on you, the dry air was quite comfortable to me. The higher elevations of Flagstaff, Sedona and the Grand Canyon provide a more temperate climate. Sedona would be my dream place to live. Truly gorgeous there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
My father goes to Sedona twice a year. He loves it. I haven't, but I will.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Fall is nearing. I have been out watching the Nighthawks feeding over the lake. Hundreds of the birds migrating through my neighborhood this morning have been out early feeding on the insects. Feed away! Thousands were counted on Sunday migrating thru by the migration folks in northern Minnesota (Hawks Ridge in Duluth, MN). I tried some pics on my cellphone, but the pics turned out terrible.

I have been wearing a vtg.Stetson Whippet. Not all Whippets are "equal." This brown Whippet has the larger brim binding on top that were characteristic of some versions. My photo shots became blurred when rain sprinkles dropped on the lens. I took a couple of quick indoor shots paired with a dark gray vtg. Stetson Whippet. Poor pics today, but I hope they still illustrate.

i-QqNz8Tg-M.jpg

i-8NpTbs6-M.jpg

i-cpKzZRg-M.jpg

i-K4WLWsW-M.jpg

i-2FMDqbp-M.jpg

i-Frt7SBh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Enjoying a 62'f morning with binoculars in hand. Best, Eric -

Always enjoy seeing that Whippet, Eric. Very Stetsonian like.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Always enjoy seeing that Whippet, Eric. Very Stetsonian like.

Thanks sir. I agree with the Stetsonian comment. I have had a couple Whippets that were Royal quality to the "nth degree." Marginal felt quality, stiff and fair appointments. This brown one and a couple others differ by having excellent felt quality and better appointments. Since Stetson has made them for 80+ years I will cut them slack for having made some marginal hats with this model name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy