Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
A0CDB093-58CC-4294-A93E-8925F72AB746.jpeg
E6604DFE-4E85-4590-84C4-E338E7A8FD96.jpeg
016E83A6-906D-4FC9-BA03-CC09CD9530B0.jpeg
BC2DECDF-82B3-4C14-BAFC-C62521372B0A.jpeg
Greetings All:
Ok..so my doctor daughter is in town (WV) from Houston for a touch-and-go wedding and i gotta get ready to go see all my kids, grandaughter and ex-wife. I plan on suffering as much abuse as possible by wearing this Western from Texas. Appropriate welcome me thinks. Pics from yesterday’s warmup.
I can plan on a Psych eval from the Doc, being told to stop smoking, eat better, go to the doctor, get a haitcut, shave, clean the house, do something and get a clue, as well as all the hat comments.
Then there’s Willow who learned head butting last round. So, round two with Willow, don’t let her near my hat, and ignore all comments the way they do mine. Payback ha.
Even Steven in my book. I call this fun!!
Boss Clear Nutria for the knockout.
I’m friggin tired already. Lol
Be well. Bowen

View attachment 133709 View attachment 133710 View attachment 133711 View attachment 133712 Greetings All:
Ok..so my doctor daughter is in town (WV) from Houston for a touch-and-go wedding and i gotta get ready to go see all my kids, grandaughter and ex-wife. I plan on suffering as much abuse as possible by wearing this Western from Texas. Appropriate welcome me thinks. Pics from yesterday’s warmup.
I can plan on a Psych eval from the Doc, being told to stop smoking, eat better, go to the doctor, get a haitcut, shave, clean the house, do something and get a clue, as well as all the hat comments.
Then there’s Willow who learned head butting last round. So, round two with Willow, don’t let her near my hat, and ignore all comments the way they do mine. Payback ha.
Be well. Bowen
You have a good time at the wedding notwithstanding all involved. The doctor will examine your head and find nothing I'm sure! Willow will make it all good. Even if no one else appreciates your Nutria, we all do...in spades! Be well Bowen.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Premier Stratoliner this afternoon. It was rainy and windy this morning. Sunny, hot, and humid this afternoon.
Wow! It reminds me why my American friends think about the weather so much. In Mexico City, we complain about rain, but it almost always happens after 4 p.m.
dfe5531642e5c15baf0e75348195f76c.jpg
40af98d80d07b075637178073179674e.jpg
4b14a9a58405d4a64cd1197afc272dad.jpg
be38841f64f00ec96a4b9461c6f06869.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

JWBernard

New in Town
Too hot to wear it, but I did some more work on my custom bargain-that-wasn't. Actually, that's a little harsh: it has never looked bad, but I think it's finally becoming the hat it has always wanted to be. It has been an educational ongoing project, too.

I never liked the original bow, but I fiddled with it in all the wrong ways and wound up with a need for a new ribbon. I ordered this velour ribbon on a whim (along with a more typical choice) and am surprised by how much I like the look. There are a few puckers, and it's still not as straight as it should be, but I think it turned out OK for an (extremely) amateur job. It has been a fun morning, and it's a wearable hat, so I'm calling it a win. 20180901_084255.jpg 20180901_091317.jpg 20180901_131158.jpg 20180901_131257.jpg

Sonero

Practically Family
Avenel of Melbourne made in china. Purchased from hatsbythe100's.com.

Everyone needs a cheap beater hat and these are it for me. I have this hat in 3 colors and find the fit to be exceptional. Sometimes with these lower end Safari Hats you get weird looking shapes. Not with this one. They go for around $45 shipped.

Photo on 9-1-18 at 1.26 PM.jpg
Photo on 9-1-18 at 1.27 PM.jpg

View attachment 133709 View attachment 133710 View attachment 133711 View attachment 133712 Greetings All:
Be well. Bowen
O yeah. Bring out the big guns. That will protect your head from unwanted outside influence I think. Enjoy,

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
Be well. Bowen

Beautiful hat :)

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Be well. Bowen
"A drop of honey is worth more than 100 tons of vinegar" is a Mexican saying I like.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Sandra and I went to church for some afternoon doings today. I tried to dress down a bit, but the plum, blue and beige colors on the tie made me grab the natural Gannon with the slate/plum ribbon. Man, I love this hat!

It's hard to keep a straight face with her cracking jokes and making faces....

i-cMxbCNg-XL.jpg

i-STkHR5d-L.jpg

Seeing the pictures of you and your wife together smiling always makes me smile. The fact that she often wears a hat too makes it that much better! I really like that color combination on your hat, by the way.

Stetson Premier Stratoliner this afternoon. It was rainy and windy this morning. Sunny, hot, and humid this afternoon.
Wow! It reminds me why my American friends think about the weather so much. In Mexico City, we complain about rain, but it almost always happens after 4 p.m.
be38841f64f00ec96a4b9461c6f06869.jpg

Great hat Max. I do like that color a lot.

Any Portis in a stormy Saturday.

509a05871d34a90bcb900a5ad9a0cd15.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
That felt looks delicious Jim. The storms delayed the Ohio State vs my OSU Beavers for almost an hour. You guys don't play around when it comes to thunder and lightning!

Two Borsalinos I wore within the last few days. More details in the "Borsalino Brotherhood" thread.

View attachment 133751 View attachment 133752
What character both of these beauties have. I salute you. You wear them well.

Sitting around on a ridiculously muggy evening under this Resistol Cascade.
DSCN4704 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4702 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4700 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN4710 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Saturday night,
Michael
That color, Wow! Nice hat for lounging around, and making a statement at the same time.

Dinner in the Stockyards. My favorite Panama from Art Fawcett.

My wife stole it for a few minutes too.
184ce0cb6e83db5bd45f73044b962b1d.jpg
4c208c6bf503b8a19fd828fab83ee930.jpg

Cheers!
David
Oh man David! I really love that crown on this one. I have been pining over a nice open weave like this. Very impressive...looks better on her (as always), just sayin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points