Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Greetings All:
Well...today i was out photographing “Land Sharks” for shark gill week and had this one wrapped around my head.
I will go out on a limb and claim, this hat just....”has the look”!! Pretty darn ok hat.
Disney Twenty with some gills and a killer edge!
Be well. Bowen
As always friends, much appreciation for all the kind kudos you kidos share.
B
A284D795-21BA-41E3-BCB6-DC758C909FA8.jpeg
17A12354-53C8-44CF-A48B-5ABB4A8B6039.jpeg
B82FF349-EA62-4066-BB5F-42C5CE916348.jpeg
B5FFA56F-59D2-4304-BCD7-062B5F803833.jpeg
87D21307-2DA8-42D5-BA40-122041FFB9F9.jpeg
458E9885-0037-4F8E-B97E-FA315D5D05BA.jpeg

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
It's kind of a toasted color, a medium brown with age I guess. Mine is old and some of the threads broke right at the snap brim when I first got it. The sweat was shot and the ribbon was one of those horrid crocheted things.

So I sent it off to Mike Miller and he got rid of the ribbon, replaced the sweat and re-sewed the broken threads at the front. He also sent me 3 pugs, one of which was acquired by my daughter for her Ben Affleck semi-calado.

i-FgGgK9J-S.jpg
i-XzngzVF-S.jpg

i-CmQNf32-S.jpg
i-7x3VZfV-S.jpg
Both of those pugs are a great improvement. fantastic lid Doug

31 Model A

A-List Customer
I just saw a swing tie I've got to get. It on a re-run of Seinfeld and Kramer was wearing it. It was the episode where he's had too much caffeine from having free lattes from hot coffee and get's kicked out of a Latte Bistro. He's wearing a swing tie that is great!!!

I thought I had put this in What Tie are You Wearing Today...…….:confused:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
If you need a rain hat, you can't go wrong with a filson!
The Filson held up it's end in the rain today. The Backhouse hats are formidable competition.

Great looking OR Michael. It will be nice to see the felts coming out of hibernation over the next month or so. Have a great day.
Thanks Red. It will be nice to be able to put the felts on for more than an hour or two in the mornings, if at all.

Even though it will be warm this afternoon, I went with the classic Portis "the New Slant" from the mid to late 50s today. Meeting across campus, this should be a nice hat for the walk.

View attachment 134506 View attachment 134507 View attachment 134508
Love the new Slant. Great outfit to go with it too.

Nice hat and nice tweeds too, Michael. You're ready for autumn.
Thanks Stefan. Great to be able to get out both the felts and the tweeds.

Adam Featherweight today.

View attachment 134534
Super looking hat, Stefan.

Thanks,
Michael

Continuing shaping, wearing and forming this new Akubra. Long process for someone doing this for the first time.
Sometimes it goes that way. On two of my Akubras it took years of occasional re-shaping and tweaking before I finally figured out which shapes the hats wanted, but once I did they practically shaped themselves. Keep at it, and you'll eventually find a shape that you and the hat can live with.

31 Model A

A-List Customer
Sometimes it goes that way. On two of my Akubras it took years of occasional re-shaping and tweaking before I finally figured out which shapes the hats wanted, but once I did they practically shaped themselves. Keep at it, and you'll eventually find a shape that you and the hat can live with.
I do have it now at the shape I want but there's nothing I can do about the height and that there is no sloping inward. I have been wearing it today around the house to get it sized to my head while reciting the Gettysburg Address. :D

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back home from some travel found me inspired by Alan Friedman 's hat post in selecting a vtg. Knox Vagabond. ( Vagabond details here - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-society-of-vagabonds.40409/page-7#post-2425293) To my eye it has a similar dimensional vibe. In any case I chose the hat to be of similar ilk. I really enjoyed wearing this green un-lined felt hat doing a couple of needed errands.

i-XssW8Q2-M.jpg

i-QbQhvqs-M.jpg

Back home after errands and starting to grilling dinner. A Damian Monsivais cap got the call of duty! Well done cap. :) Cheers cap folks. ( Salute with a Founders Breakfast Oatmeal Stout beer).

i-btGGQ6J-M.jpg

i-7njKqrL-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
My new Whippet. I brushed, cleaned, and steamed it, but the ribbon is discolored. I will have to replace it, I guess.
c582e3e1a5e4160ee20d0dbabc318de2.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Not sure that one is worth saving. Always like to keep these vintage ones as original as possible, sometimes, it just can't be accomplished. It is a super Whippet to be sure!

Back to school. Capturing the colors of this hat is a tough homework assignment. Think a hat to wear with scrubs.

090618_3.jpg
Just Cum Lade? I would bestow a Suma Cum Laude on this beauty.

OR 25
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet OR Perry.

Beaver Brand 10X conversion:
ed0a174472d541089c6fa2fd2c53346c.jpg

10X Quality. It looks like it. Did you cut down the brim?

Still hot, so went with my Kalix. Very light and cool. Another Bailey steal at $9.66. Weather is changing so it may be the last straw day.
76181b60f6d7a0e4e49ed6d7cfa037cf.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Kind of like the Capas open weave I got at Byrnie Utz in Seattle. Very breezy.

I voted for Stetson today.
A winner!

Adam Featherweight today.
View attachment 134534
The Adam cleaned up quite nicely. Looks great.

Mayser "Torry" possibly later 1950s.
Incredible hat Steve. Finish, gills and expansive brim...love it all!

Greetings All:
Well...today i was out photographing “Land Sharks” for shark gill week and had this one wrapped around my head.
I will go out on a limb and claim, this hat just....”has the look”!! Pretty darn ok hat.
Disney Twenty with some gills and a killer edge!
Be well. Bowen
As always friends, much appreciation for all the kind kudos you kidos share.
B View attachment 134571 View attachment 134572 View attachment 134573 View attachment 134575 View attachment 134577 View attachment 134578
Very nice Bowen. I love all gills! This Disney is truly interesting.

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Hello old friends
Just wanted to pop in to say hi

I see some new faces recently... welcome gents

I just happen to be wearing my Gannon Outlaw for the past week or so ... so why not include a photo

Hope you are all well and ready to welcome felt weather back soon

85a73512c5c65c9e2ad0d5f6c54ae8db.jpg

Good to see you Moon.Hope things are good.Nice hat.

Back home from some travel found me inspired by Alan Friedman 's hat post in selecting a vtg. Knox Vagabond. ( Vagabond details here - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-society-of-vagabonds.40409/page-7#post-2425293) To my eye it has a similar dimensional vibe. In any case I chose the hat to be of similar ilk. I really enjoyed wearing this green un-lined felt hat doing a couple of needed errands.

i-XssW8Q2-M.jpg

i-QbQhvqs-M.jpg

Back home after errands and starting to grilling dinner. A Damian Monsivais cap got the call of duty! Well done cap. :) Cheers cap folks. ( Salute with a Founders Breakfast Oatmeal Stout beer).

i-btGGQ6J-M.jpg

i-7njKqrL-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Very simple ribbon on that Vagabond, was that the style they came with. I'll have to go through the thread again. It is one of my holy grail hats. Cool looking cap as well.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Very simple ribbon on that Vagabond, was that the style they came with. I'll have to go through the thread again. It is one of my holy grail hats. Cool looking cap as well.
Hey Red:
I believe the older unreeded ones with the embossed sweatbands have the simple flat bows and the later reeded ones have the pinch in the ribbon.
Thanks for the Disney comments my friend.
B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner