Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have it now at the shape I want but there's nothing I can do about the height and that there is no sloping inward. I have been wearing it today around the house to get it sized to my head while reciting the Gettysburg Address. :D
You can always re-crease it to lower the crown height (within reason, that is) but changing the proportions in that way can make the brim appear wider and you could lose the look you're after. Otherwise, I can only suggest you wear it and live with it for a while as it is. A lot of people are initially put off by taller and/or straighter-sided crowns, but eventually come to appreciate them.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Knox Vagabond. Pristine.
df5a0ae2a8bdf77e5182fff187aedf90.jpg
b15b4f7f3bd1ca3cbd1ee8b65dcf9962.jpg
3d154ae483a8ab4b894cf10b364b6ac2.jpg
6a2d2b0f65a91c0bcc0642456aa4e9a5.jpg
ddc74bfff63748db3907e4cc3ce7fe5a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Hey Red:
I believe the older unreeded ones with the embossed sweatbands have the simple flat bows and the later reeded ones have the pinch in the ribbon.
Thanks for the Disney comments my friend.
B
Thanks Bowen. They do deserve some research, I really like the Vagabond. Maybe a clone for my next custom by Mike Miller? Would love to have a real one though...

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
In Italy it is not yet time for felt hats.
Today seemed like the right day, but then the heat prevailed despite the clouds.
2rwrxvd.jpg

I took for a waltz this Huckel "Foulard" in black
iqzuwg.jpg

This is the big brother, in size, of an equal hat that will soon fly to the land of the Aztecs
4jugza.jpg

It is the first felt hat of the season and then tonight I will make a small toast with a wine from central Italy: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo and tomorrow we will see
2n8ouir.jpg

Someone look at me a little bit astonished for my felt hat and he is right
2rnx40m.jpg

It is obvious I tell you thanks for all the likes and appreciations for the various hats shown, but not worn.
From today you will see my face again:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner